Fixing a baja gas tank

Hey everyone, I have a crf450x that I made street legal to rip around Salt Lake City. I have a baja tank that the owner gave to me, but it has a small hole (nickel size) where one of the brackets got over tightened and cracked. I tried a gas tank repair kit from Advanced Automotive but it couldn’t handle the change in temperature in the city and didn’t hold. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a fix for this, don't want to scrap the tank if I don’t have too. Thanks

I've used 2 part jbweld (They have lots of options) on a steel gas tank with pin hole leaks and it's worked great for 2 years.

But having a nickel size piece missing in a plastic tank is obviously a way different problem.

IMO - You basically need patch the hole and not sure if care what it looks like.  Think finding a similar type of plastic to the tank, then gas resident adhesive for the type of plastic, proper prepping and curing.

Someone else maybe able to be a bit more specific.

Or my go to or some other variation

https://www.google.ca/search?q=baja+gas+tank&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=4jobVZ6pE9j9oQSD_4L4Bw#q=repairing+a+hole+in+a+plastic+gas+tank

Good luck

Edited by filterx