slipping question need advice.

I've got a 93 600 when I go to get on it I feel something slip them grab. It's internal I put in New clutch could it be in the transmission.

Hopefully you oiled the clutch plates prior to installation. If not then you f$$$$$ up your new clutch.

I allways soak plates overnight

if it was doing this before the new clutch install and changing the clutch did not help the issue....

Is it just a slip issue..........or engagement issue?????????

If it is just a slip issue and he new clutch did not help...then check the clutch basket for notching from the previous clutch,,taking a file lightly to the notched areas can help...

If it`s an engagement issue ...then you could have a bent shift fork or worn drive dog issue on the actual gears.......

B

if it was doing this before the new clutch install and changing the clutch did not help the issue....

Is it just a slip issue..........or engagement issue?????????

If it is just a slip issue and he new clutch did not help...then check the clutch basket for notching from the previous clutch,,taking a file lightly to the notched areas can help...

If it`s an engagement issue ...then you could have a bent shift fork or worn drive dog issue on the actual gears.......

B

it is a slip, it will go through the gears fine. It's like second and third it slips there's no grinding or noise it doesn't mis gears.I didn't soak the new clutch would that be it?

Yes

If the gear dogs are worn or the shifter forks are bent it can slip between gears very smoothly when you are gunning it. It feels more like an automatic transmission shifting back and forth.

If it only does it in a specific gear that's my vote.

Usually clutch slip is felt more in the high gears, 4th or 5th, when the rear wheel is less likely to spin and the engine torque overpowers the plates.

Gear slip is likely to be accompanied by violent clacking and noise.

When you say 'go to get on it'. do you mean feed it the gas,, or actually sit ya butt on the seat?

Usually clutch slip is felt more in the high gears, 4th or 5th, when the rear wheel is less likely to spin and the engine torque overpowers the plates.

Gear slip is likely to be accompanied by violent clacking and noise.

When you say 'go to get on it'. do you mean feed it the gas,, or actually sit ya butt on the seat?

feed it the gas, it's a smooth feel when it slips , I was just looking at the clutch basket it looks kind off worn ruff on the edges I don't won't to through money at it.I really don't want to split the case I've never done one I'm sure I could.

If the gear dogs are worn or the shifter forks are bent it can slip between gears very smoothly when you are gunning it. It feels more like an automatic transmission shifting back and forth.

If it only does it in a specific gear that's my vote.

it's not slipping between gears it's in a gear it will slip when I'm in gear it slips them smoothies out or takes off

Clutch basket can be filed to smooth out the grooves in the fingers. Gotta take an even amount off all fingers or one will be doing all the work,

and the rest do nothing.

Soak the plates overnight before installation.

check the clutch cable has a bit of free-play, and is smooth.

Yeah, make sure you have plenty of free play in the clutch cable.  It could be that the clutch cable is too tight once it is warmed up and is causing the slipping.  It is a common problem with older bikes.  Basically the clutch heats up and expands a tiny bit and if you don't have enough slack in the cable it is like you are pulling the lever in a tiny bit.  That is one of the reason modern racing bikes have the quick adjuster on them.

Of course it could be bad clutch springs. Did those get replaced when the clutch was done?