My front brakes don't work

Okay so I have a 2002 yz 250 and my front brakes still have break pads left but it still does not catch on like it has some pressure but not lots at all

Okay so I have a 2002 yz 250 and my front brakes still have break pads left but it still does not catch on like it has some pressure but not lots at all

Maybe try a new brake cable with some fresh brake fluid? Not to expirianced in brakes but just trying to help

I thought maybe to bleed the lines like take out all the moisture tryimg that tomorrow hope that works out

Change brake fluid completely every year. Brake lines do wear out and so do master cylinders (cups). Bleed first, master rebuild next if it doesnt work, new line third.

Change brake fluid completely every year. Brake lines do wear out and so do master cylinders (cups). Bleed first, master rebuild next if it doesnt work, new line third.

I just like bought the bike so it has like just this little problem

Replacing brake fluid is something you need to do anyway. If you just bought the bike, thats all the more reason. Fluid, master rebuild, line, in that order. It will fix your problem. If you rotor is bent it will be soft when you ride (waves push pads apart), but if its on the stand with no clamping force, see above.

Replacing brake fluid is something you need to do anyway. If you just bought the bike, thats all the more reason. Fluid, master rebuild, line, in that order. It will fix your problem. If you rotor is bent it will be soft when you ride (waves push pads apart), but if its on the stand with no clamping force, see above.

I'm just going to try and bleed the lines cause that's what I'm thinking cause it's been sitting in his shop for the whole winter so I think that's what it is thanks

I would put a master cylinder rebuild kit in it