best way to boost power on 500 XCW?

ive got a 2013 xcw. right now it just has a slip on 4.1 exhaust and i just ordered that FMF "snap" to see if it will do anything.. what are your opinions on ways to get more power? bike is a supermoto... so i could deff use the extra ass if its possible.. weather it be a tuner or a full exhaust vs just the slip on? any input would be sweet! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427853546.148219.jpg

Get the TPS adjustment tool from tpstool.com. It's only 35 bucks and helps a lot. There is a thread on here about it if you search it.

Change the exahust to full FMF Q4

Adjust the TPS to .60-.64

Gear it to 13/50

Get your dealer to unlock your ECU and install the EU map.

Those things will make a huge improvement in power and throttle repsonse.

The snap will not add more power. It just makes a small improvement in low rpm torque, you you can shift 250 rpms earlier. Not needed on the 500, AT ALL. 

The UST mapping tool would be your next step; putting in a more agressive fuel and ignition map

Beyond that you have to do head work and/or use SXF throttle body

ive got a 2013 xcw. right now it just has a slip on 4.1 exhaust and i just ordered that FMF "snap" to see if it will do anything.. what are your opinions on ways to get more power? bike is a supermoto... so i could deff use the extra ass if its possible.. weather it be a tuner or a full exhaust vs just the slip on? any input would be sweet! attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427853546.148219.jpg

If you have the exhaust and EU map on it, the 44mm SX throttlebody is good for a sizeable amount of HP. The FMF Megabomb header made a difference on my 501 (same engine), my bike pulls hard and totally linear now instead of the mild bottom end and ferocious mid to high.

Almost forgot, adjusting my TPS (richer +.02) made the engine really strong.

Edited by o313

If you have the exhaust and EU map on it, the 44mm SX throttlebody is good for a sizeable amount of HP. The FMF Megabomb header made a difference on my 501 (same engine), my bike pulls hard and totally linear now instead of the mild bottom end and ferocious mid to high.

Almost forgot, adjusting my TPS (richer +.02) made the engine really strong.

so your saying i sould put a SX throttle body on it? im not good with the mechanical side of these bikes i just like to ride them haha

I agree the snap is the wrong direction for a super moto, having that obstacle in your air boot will cost you top end, but 13/50 gearing is way too low for the road

I have the SX 450 44mm throttle body on my XCW 500.

To be honest, there's not that much of a difference between it and the stocker.

I have the Snap, Grunt, FMF 4.1 with the large insert, Twinair high flow filter holder, TPS set, JD Tuner, JD ignition switch and Euro map.

What I do like about it is that it has a proper idle screw that you can get to and the fuel line connection is on the bottom of the throttle body.