I thought that it might be helpful to somebody out there to go over my experience putting my XR650L engine in the frame this evening. It was way easier than I expected it to be - maybe even easier than getting that regulator connector apart. I want to thank Steve for the good hints on how to do it - that's Steve of Steve's House of Honda XR650L parts, or whatever he's calling it lately. The first hint was to have it at the same height as where it would be in the frame, right next to the bike. The second hint was to put the shifter on and hold it by the shifter in my left hand and the right exhaust port in my right hand. I just kind of stood above it and lifted it over to the frame. I had put a rag across the bottom frame rails for protection and Steve recommended a piece of cardboard on the front downtube, but I zip-tied a rag there to minimize scratching. The bottom of the engine was closer to the center while the top was bumping into the frame. I used a large crowbar to work the engine around a bit and get the rear motor mount to line up. The top had to get under the frame rail before it lined up right, but a little lifting with the crowbar and a little pushing had it fall into place in a few minutes. I had all of the engine bolts laid out where they would be handy and slid all of the big ones in from the left side. Lifting up a little with the crowbar had the hole lined up good enough to get the bolt most of the way through, then a little pushing from the other side had it through. I used a plastic hammer a couple of times to get bolts all the way in. Note that I had each set of bolts and/or spacers in separate marked ziploc bags so that there would be no confusion at all as to which bold went where. The front motor mount was easy enough to line up, but it has those two metal spacers and the weight of the engine was keeping me from getting the left one (the first one) into place. I grabbed a big screwdriver, in addition to the crowbar under the engine, and sort of pried the engine to the right until I could slip the spacer in there. Once the bolt was half-way in, the other spacer was easy to get into place and now I had the two lower motor mounts in place. The other three mounts were all brackets that required virtually no adjustment at all. I just had to figure out which side should be the outside on each of them. The brackets at the front that connect to the downtube are marked with L and R to get them in the right place. Those two bend in about 1-2 mm and have to be put in the right position. If you can see the R on the right side and the L on the left side it's in there correctly. So now I have all of the bolts and brackets holding the engine in place. I didn't tighten any of them yet and won't until all of the oil lines are in place. Who knows if I might have to loosen something before I'm done. My goal is to be riding it by the weekend, but I'm trying to take my time and get everything else done right. I was going to photograph the whole process and ended up not even thinking of the camera until it was all in place. That wooden thing on the other side of the motorcycle is where the engine was sitting when I moved it to the frame. Once I have all electrical connections in place and all oil lines where they go, the rest will be easy, since I've dealt with all the rest multiple times in the past. If you have other useful hints, please post them here.