1986 xr250 cam issue

Well I decided to tear down motor and have cylinder bored ,,,,when I pulled valve cover I noticed my cam has a center support journal between the lobes ,,,,the journal was grinded had a v grind into center of journal ,,,,I'm guessing a over heat issue ,,,,is there a solution for this ,,,yes I need another head ,,, valve cover and cam. Thanks for your input

What it appears is material from the cam journal melted and imbedded itself into the the journal seat creating a taller height than the seat which created the v in the journal

Only happens> when run low,or out of oil.Or overheated.Not using good oil.Not changing oil when dirty.Over revving with bad oil

Makes sense thanks

What it appears is material from the cam journal melted and imbedded itself into the the journal seat creating a taller height than the seat which created the v in the journal

I'm not sure what you mean without a photo but using an aftermarket gasket instead of the oem steel shim gasket will cause all kinds of destruction. 

Not sure if OEM gasket is still available for 86 I was told it wasn't

Now Now BR Im using one piece head gaskets on,My Xr300. For me the 3 piece stock gasket,has two more places to leak,then Aftermarket.I know Br uses stock Gasket,without problems.The Gasket wont make the cam go bad.

Not sure if OEM gasket is still available for 86 I was told it wasn't

I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Its the same up until 95.

Bike Bandit shows it shipping in 1-2 days.

Now Now BR Im using one piece head gaskets on,My Xr300. For me the 3 piece stock gasket,has two more places to leak,then Aftermarket.I know Br uses stock Gasket,without problems.The Gasket wont make the cam go bad.

BTR, I'm talking about the rocker cover gasket, not the head gasket. That has to be exact thickness or it clamps down on the cam.

BTR, I'm talking about the rocker cover gasket, not the head gasket. That has to be exact thickness or it clamps down on the cam.

Ok Br Im thinking I cant see,or understand anymore.Here is other info.The rocker cover gasket,I have been re using,them(means not getting new one from Honda) With zero leak or Cam/rocker problems. While we are at it BR when riding?

Good to know up to 95 the same ,,,,,I'm new to the dirt bike scene ,,,only have wrenched on cars

Pic of cam

1428489398802.jpg

Another head and cover from my donor parts bike looks good

1429179766395.jpg

Looks good. Do you have a manual? Check tolerances on the parts.

Yes I have the manual

Only issue was the bike that head was on smoked so putting o e m valve seals on