Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

buying new 300xcw. looking at 15 with a leftover 13 available

Hey guys so I'm buying a new 300 xcw this weekend . I was looking at the 2015 but the dealer also has a leftover 2013 for a great price . I'd probably save close to 2k getting the 13. So I ask does anyone know of any major changes made from 13 to 15 that would stray me from the 13 . I'm coming from an 08 xcw. Thanks

Plastics and headlight shell are the most noticable thing. The newer style plastics will fit the 13.

Definitely cool that new plastics will fit but are there and engine or suspension changes ?

Coming from an '08 your going to be happy with either one. I heard '08 weren't the best year at all, kinda dogs.

But to answer your question, I've only heard rumor that the '15 has a 'better' reed valve and some slight cylinder or head mods that make  the throttle more manageable.

In my opinion, the '11 thru '14 are pretty manageable already, can't think of how more manageable they can get. '13 was awesome when they switched reeds.

A good comparison is a '12 vs a '13 (300xc), they dropped the Mototassinari reed for a Boyensen, and with the Suzuki RM250 needle you get a pretty bad ass machine (Pre-mixed can add more here, it was my bike vs his for this comparison).

I can't imagine a bike getting any better than his 300xc, so anything after '13 is probably nothing your going to feel and not worth the extra $$$ unless your just one of those guys that has to have the latest year no matter what.

Coming from an '08 your going to be happy with either one. I heard '08 weren't the best year at all, kinda dogs.

But to answer your question, I've only heard rumor that the '15 has a 'better' reed valve and some slight cylinder or head mods that make the throttle more manageable.

In my opinion, the '11 thru '14 are pretty manageable already, can't think of how more manageable they can get. '13 was awesome when they switched reeds.

A good comparison is a '12 vs a '13 (300xc), they dropped the Mototassinari reed for a Boyensen, and with the Suzuki RM250 needle you get a pretty bad ass machine (Pre-mixed can add more here, it was my bike vs his for this comparison).

I can't imagine a bike getting any better than his 300xc, so anything after '13 is probably nothing your going to feel and not worth the extra $$$ unless your just one of those guys that has to have the latest year no matter what.

Thanks for the info 13 is looking good

• Like 1

Both pretty much the same, both new.. Get the cheaper one. 

13 is the older non-dds clutch. You can put that badass rekluse zstart pro in that bike. 

Both pretty much the same, both new.. Get the cheaper one. 

13 is the older non-dds clutch. You can put that badass rekluse zstart pro in that bike. 

13 has dds clutch, first year for that.  I had a 13 and now I have a 2015 6 days which is the same motor as XCW.  They did make changes to the powervalve timing and to the carb settings (jetting).  The 15 is stronger down low than the 13 was.  Not sure if there have been suspension changes but the 13 had very good stock suspension.  The 15 frame is orange and it does have the new front fender and the new plastics.  Not a big deal there and the plastics will fit except for the front fender, you would need the adapter.

I would get the 13 the only real differences like someone already stated is the frame is now orange and back to black rims on the 15.

They did switch reed cages from a V force to Boysen in 14 and they put a stronger starter motor on in either 13 or 14 I don't remember.

I would get the 13 and spend some of that savings on suspension work a stabilizer and some guards. In that order.

My 14 XC with a Boysen cage back to back with Dr. Thumpers 12 XC with a V force and exact same jetting does seem a tad stronger/crisper of idle and in the mid range. But not worth $2k.

save $2k and go with the 2013. Not enough changes to the 15 to make it worth it.

Minor changes. For 2k get the13.

I have one and have no complaints

The starter was upgraded in 13 : )

Pretty sure it wasn't till 2014.  Unless the article I linked prior is incorrect.

So I wound up getting the 13 ! Couldn't pass up the deal and I knew coming from an 08 I'd he happy with either or . Only took it around the block so far , bUT I'll be jumping right into a hare scramble this sunday . Can't wait considering I seized the 08 300 2 weeks ago at the last race .

I put the six days skid plate on already and just installed just some cyrca pro bend bark busters ... I also have some brand new fast flexx bars that I only used once last race . Going to hold off on those for a bit though . So just have to play with suspension on Saturday and Sunday I will rip .

• Like 1

I had a 13, awesome bike and very good stock suspension.  My opinion best motor mod for these bikes is SX head and Ignition.  Makes these things a tractor on steroids.

Good luck Sunday! 

So I wound up getting the 13 ! Couldn't pass up the deal and I knew coming from an 08 I'd he happy with either or . Only took it around the block so far , bUT I'll be jumping right into a hare scramble this sunday . Can't wait considering I seized the 08 300 2 weeks ago at the last race .

I put the six days skid plate on already and just installed just some cyrca pro bend bark busters ... I also have some brand new fast flexx bars that I only used once last race . Going to hold off on those for a bit though . So just have to play with suspension on Saturday and Sunday I will rip .

How can you possibly hold off on the flexx bars if youve already ridden with them in the past. Im basically handycapped by them now. Cant get on a bike without them. Feels like im holding onto a jackhammer or something without them. Edited by motonack

How can you possibly hold off on the flexx bars if youve already ridden with them in the past. Im basically handycapped by them now. Cant get on a bike without them.

Feels like im holding onto a jackhammer or something without them.

I only use them for 30 min before the engine siezed . So I didn't really get to try out . They will def bd going back on as soon as I have the time . Just didn't feel like ripping off the grips and all .

And I'm skeptical because the engine siezed because of the cyrca pro bend handgaurds I got that were specifically for the bars . I had a small tip over and the long bolt that goes through the bars to secure the handgaurd bent in and forced the hand gaurd over and the clutch lever wouldn't release all the way . Since I was in a race I didn't stop to check it out. So it's 100% my fault but I'm worried about it happening again .

I only use them for 30 min before the engine siezed . So I didn't really get to try out . They will def bd going back on as soon as I have the time . Just didn't feel like ripping off the grips and all .

And I'm skeptical because the engine siezed because of the cyrca pro bend handgaurds I got that were specifically for the bars . I had a small tip over and the long bolt that goes through the bars to secure the handgaurd bent in and forced the hand gaurd over and the clutch lever wouldn't release all the way . Since I was in a race I didn't stop to check it out. So it's 100% my fault but I'm worried about it happening again .

I've never heard of that happening.  Must have been a pretty serious get off.  Sounds like a 1 in a million type of thing.