Sign in to follow this  

lost all electrical power to the bars!

I lost all the power to the clutch switch, starter switch, and my vapor gauge by touching ground wire for my horn to the bar. It lightly sparked for a second then there was nothing. My battery is brand new and fine and the 15a fuse behind the airbox door is in tact. what could I have fried so simply without first taking out a fuse?? I need it working soon I was going to get it street legal this week...but not if I cant get it to do anything..

I lost all the power to the clutch switch, starter switch, and my vapor gauge by touching ground wire for my horn to the bar. It lightly sparked for a second then there was nothing. My battery is brand new and fine and the 15a fuse behind the airbox door is in tact. what could I have fried so simply without first taking out a fuse?? I need it working soon I was going to get it street legal this week...but not if I cant get it to do anything..

The actual fuse is under the cap to the starter relay. If you are checking the fuse that is in plain view, you are checking the spare...

• Like 1