Sign in to follow this  

Washington Mad Lake/ Two Little Lakes snow update?

anyone got any info if there is snow up there or not? or do you know a web site I could look into?

thinking of riding there Saturday if the snow is gone.

any help is awesome. thanks.

-Brady.

Don't go up there until it is legally open July 15 if I'm not mistaken, you may be ok to ride the lower trails though. Also if you want to be the man bring a chain saw.

• Like 5

You'll get us all thrown out of the Mad River valley.  It's one of the last alpine riding areas they allow us in.  Please respect the closures regardless of snowpack :)

• Like 5

It is snowed in, and I hope it stays that way for a while  :thumbsup:

16960150046_52cac07797_h_d.jpg

• Like 1

right right right. forgot about the season closer. ill find a different spot to ride. thanks guys.

• Like 2

I thought the seasonal closure dates are supposed to vary with conditions. Certainly seems like an earlier opening date could be expected this year.

• Like 1

I thought the seasonal closure dates are supposed to vary with conditions. Certainly seems like an earlier opening date could be expected this year.

you're right...it may happen, but its been snowing up there every day this week above about 3500, then it sits in the shade on the north faces and keeps us at bay.  Years like this is when we can get in the most trouble by trying to bog on through.

• Like 1

I get to look up there every time I leave home. No snow on the trees. But who

knows how much snow is on the ground, in the shade still frozen hard as a rock. The soil here has a lot of clay

and takes forever to dry out.

I have a few friends that thought that July  15th date did not apply to them. They went up Alder ridge and as they came

into the Blue Creek Meadow's cabin area Ranger Ron gave them the word and a nice ticket. I forget how much it was

but it wasn't enough.

In Plain right now it's 48 deg,windy with almost solid cloud cover. Looking up toward Alder Ridge and the Chiwawa valley it

is all socked in to the valley floor.

So much for seeing the blood moon tonight....

• Like 3

There is not a hard open date of 7/15 for mad lake. Some of the other mountain areas have one like 6/15 for table as an fyi.  Mad lake is just decided on whenever they feel it can sustain traffic, usually mid to late July. USFS will post on here when it gets close. NO other areas in the mountains are open so don't wreck it for the rest of us by riding there.

Joe

• Like 7