Sign in to follow this  

California I'm Thinking Downieville in June !

Hmmmmmmmmmm.................................................

Weekend Warriors. A 2 day trip.  Camping on the river. Intermediate rider. 60+ miles.  I'm bringing my famous homebrew & hot links.  :thumbsup:  

I am Burt Reynolds!

• Like 1

I'm bringing my famous homebrew & hot links.  :thumbsup:  

heard that before  :rolleyes:

june is a busy month for me going to puerta vallarta for a week, i just realized ill be missing my favorite race.. (damn it)

so with that said, I'm in for sure, ill bring D1 with me, we can all stay in his trailer and drink his Banquet beers 

do i need an headlight for this ride too? 

who's bringing the spare parts for slycko?  :thumbsup:

just kidding I'm out, too far  :smashpc:

From the local Mt. Bike business Downieville Outfitters: http://www.downievilleoutfitters.com

TOP_section_Rides.gif

Downieville Rides

Downieville Guides

Trail Conditions

Weather

Maps

GPS

Photos

Videos

Trail Conditions

Due to a lack of snow this year, a mid April season start! Stay tuned!

2015 Trail Cleanup Event:

We are having the seasons first Trail Cleanup Event next Saturday March 28 on the Divide Trails. We will meet at the bike shop at 9am and head up the Divides. Anyone wishing to participate can email or call the shop to respond. Other dates will follow, but let's get this going!! Thanks in advance. Lunch, snacks and tools provided.

530.289.0155    info@downievilleoutfitters.com

March 26, 2015
Some snow still remains on the top trails, but going fast. 
I raked and cut multiple trees. I was also able to fix water crossings and repair brake bumps also. Sunrise is not rideable yet, but the trails below are melted out, but need love, numerous big trees left to cut off the trail.

Sunrise Trail
sunrise_snow_1jpg.jpg

Trailwork: Getting the trails ready! Check out that loamy goodness!
trailwork.jpg

March 16, 2015
Lower elevation trails are open! No Snow!
Right now you can ride North Yuba, Fiddle Creek, Hall's Ranch, Bullard's Bar and the Divide trails. The trails are free from snow and conditions are awesome from the winter moisture.

The top part of the mountain currently remains under a blanket of snow from recent spring storms, however we do expect to get an earlier start than last season. The shop will remain
open in May and the shuttles will start as soon as the road is plowed to Packer Lake, sometime
in early to mid-May.

To kick-off the spring riding season, Downieville Outfitters will be hosting a volunteer Trail Day
on the first weekend in May. The objective will be the cleanup and repair of the local Downieville trail system. Call e-mail or follow us on Facebook for more information.

The Downieville Classic Bike race is: http://downievilleclassic.com/

Come to prove yourself, or just come to have fun.
July 30 - August 2, 2015

So June looks good!

Edited by superslyko

Some of those mentioned trails are mountain bike only trails.........mighty suspicious.....

Some of those mentioned trails are mountain bike only trails.........mighty suspicious.....

I have never heard of mountain bike only trails here.  Which of the trails are mountain bike only?  

Edited by Chas_M

If there are MTB only trails that would make sense given the quotes came from the local bicycle shop.  Unless they started running shuttles for dirtbikes.

• Like 1

My next project.

Category 1: Light Lager
203 entries
Sponsored by Five Star Chemicals & Supply, Inc.
Annie Johnson, Sacramento, Calif., ESB (East Sacramento Brewers)
2013 Homebrewer of the Year

Gold Medal
“Mow The Damn Lawn!”
Lite American Lager

I love Lagers.  I grew up on lagers.  Budweiser was my standard go-to beer.  The 1st time I had Bud from a keg I thought it was the best beer I ever tasted.  I got the chance to tour the Budweiser plant in Fairfield, California and tasted fresh beer in the clearing tanks, before it's pasteurized for packaging in the cans.  It was AMAZING!  Completely different than the swill you buy at the store.

Lagers are affectionate referred to my "Jack in the Box" beer.  When I was in High School we had this burger joint that stayed open till 2 am on the weekend.  On an early Saturday morning that place was packed.  There would be 100 kids hanging out in the parking lot.  It was a who's who in my area growing up.  I enjoyed those years and we drank a lot of beer & malt liquor in front of that burger joint.  Lagers were my favorite.  To this day, if I refer to a beer as my "Jack in the Box" beer, you know it's good.

The 1st time I ever had a "Craft" brew was at a buddys wedding.  He had Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale in a keg.  I spent the entire reception hanging out around that keg.  They had to cart me home in a wheelbarrow.  :smirk:

Ever see the movie American Graffiti?  I'm not that old, but you get the idea.

P.S.  How's the knee Ossi?  Did they operate yet?  Rehab?  :confused:

P.S.S.  GW ain't gonna lead.  :D
Edited by superslyko
  • Like 1

Is slicko as slow as the fish?

We'll be working/riding our way back south sometime in June, d-ville is on the list.

These guys are always giving me grief about how slow I am..................................  :lol:

It's OK.  No harm done.  I'm all over it!

Truth is........................................................................... I've been riding since I was 11.  I'm now 51.  

The best annalogy I have is when I rode with the Sportsman Trailbikers Association awhile back.  http://www.trailbikesportsmen.org/ I had a great time! :thumbsup:   Spent Saturday riding with the 21 year old testosterone boys, then Sunday with the 70 year old grandpaws.................................................................................................

The grandpaws were much more consistent and much faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :devil:

downed tress, who the hell will pack a saw and clear them,, the guy I know moved to Idaho in January ...

downed tress, who the hell will pack a saw and clear them,, the guy I know moved to Idaho in January ...

There have been a few riders trying to fill our friend's shoes clearing trails up there recently, hats off to them.

.  I'm now 51.  

respect your elders boy.