battery question

I have a 2012 450x, and need a new battery. I going to get a Lithium battery, give it a go. Anyone  try this route? I know there are a couple of makers out there, and different sizes. I heard the small ones have trouble starting a 450 in a cold morning, so I'll probably get a bigger one, which is still a few lbs lighter than a led battery. another question, will my bike charging system also charge the Lithium battery? 

The charging system will charge the LiPO batteries just fine. We use the Shorai 14aH.

I doubt they are using LiPo (lithium polymer) batteries. That would be too volatile of a chemistry and you would not be able to use your normal charger/tender on those. Most likely they are using LiFe (lithium phosphate)  cells to make up their battery packs. If you abuse these, you don't get the fire bomb as you would with LiPo.

I doubt they are using LiPo (lithium polymer) batteries. That would be too volatile of a chemistry and you would not be able to use your normal charger/tender on those. Most likely they are using LiFe (lithium phosphate)  cells to make up their battery packs. If you abuse these, you don't get the fire bomb as you would with LiPo.

The Shorai's are Lithium Ion...specifically Lithium Iron Phosphate...thanks for the clarification.