Sign in to follow this  

2009 CRF150RB revs hang when I blip the throttle

Just got mine running after sitting for a year. Carb was taken off and cleaned and fresh fuel.

I had to take the choke off quickly and I turned down the idle which seemed to help but when I blip the throttle the bike revs for a bit till it comes down?

Any idea's?

IMG_0450.JPG

Just got mine running after sitting for a year. Carb was taken off and cleaned and fresh fuel.

I had to take the choke off quickly and I turned down the idle which seemed to help but when I blip the throttle the bike revs for a bit till it comes down?

Any idea's?

Googled "CRF150RB revs hang when I blip the throttle thumpertalk" and this is the first hit after your post:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/645071-crf150-hanging-idle/

Good read, Was planning on putting a bigger pilot and main jet in. Thanks

Good read, Was planning on putting a bigger pilot and main jet in. Thanks

If that thread doesn't help (this is a tricky problem with this bike) try running the search yourself. There are quite a few threads dedicated to variants of the hanging idle problem.

I did put on an aftermarket adjustable pilot screw? Not sure if the profile is slightly different or there is a slight air leak.

It does seem to be a common problem though and mine really got better when I lowered the idle like others mentioned.

I did put on an aftermarket adjustable pilot screw? Not sure if the profile is slightly different or there is a slight air leak.

It does seem to be a common problem though and mine really got better when I lowered the idle like others mentioned.

I put an R&D flex pilot screw on and love it, but when I did, somehow I botched the o-ring and had a little air leak. When I fixed that everything was cool.

My wife's 150r, 09, started to do the same. We drain the gas after every outing. Anyway after a proper tear down on the bike I noticed there have been some tension on the hot start cable. I've been seeing guys put 45 pilots in. That's way to rich!

I nearly have it dialed with the factory 38 at 5000'. Picked up a 40 and that will likely do it. What most are doing by going up to 45 is attempting to run rich and compensate for a lean condition when the accelerator circuit is supposed to be working.

Likely those with 45 pilots will have some babbling during deceleration when the throttle is closed. I confirmed 38 is just too lean with SJ out at 2.5 turns out by holding the throttle at 1/2 for 3-5 seconds then rapidly closing it. This yielded a lean backfire, but very little. Holding the choke out a tiny bit and doing the same fixed the problem.

I'll be playing with the accelerator circuit later this week. Thus is something I didn't do on my 04 450R. Why you ask? Because I ended up using an overly rich pilot, as stated above. Now I have a 13 450R so no worries.

I recommend you don't go up to a 45 like others have stated as I'm nearly certain there are other things wrong with their machine. Most don't take the time to check their plug condition as they are supposed to. Do that per your manual and you will save fuel and get better performance.

I'll report back when I get that done.

Turned the idle down and its way better now. Seems a bit lean on the pilot.