Phoenix / Arizona riding buddies

Yup, drive with them to work everyday. We can figure something out fir riding. Maybe four peaks.

My "one time" experience with four peaks was that it is more of a jeep trail than bike trail. JMHO.

Several blind corners where you can get taken out by a crazy UTV driver. I'll pass on that one.

Very scenic on the north side though.

Never been to those areas.

Well, I'll likely be there on Saturday. Not sure if it will be a slow group or fast group yet, waiting on confirmations, but I Just got my bike back after close to a 5 months layoff, so I'll be out riding the east side once a week at least. 

Any of you guys can feel free to shoot me a PM and we can trade contact info. When I'm healthy and my bike is running (I've had some bad luck the last couple of seasons) I ride once a week. My wife and I own a small Real Estate brokerage so a lot of my rides are short notice, which doesn't make me the best ridding buddy since I don't have a set schedule and I work a lot of weekends and often ride on a weekday morning or evening, but I'm happy to keep in touch and try and show you guys some good stuff. 

Edited by Kenpo1

I "think" I've been to sycamore before. Not riding , but went there shooting with some friends.

Is that the area where bush hwy meets beeline? Straight downhill to a big enormous wash?

I could be mistaken , but thought I heard one of my friends say it was sycamore creek. I remember it was packed

With ohv's AND shooters. I had a bit of an unsafe feeling all day. Lol.

I like "desert wells". I went there with "TDW" from this forum. I had a great time riding with him, but it was all I could do

To keep up with him. Great day though.

I usually do short (2-3 hr) spur of the moment rides. Don't often have an entire day I can devote to a ride. Sometimes, but not often.

I do a lot of desert trail rides south of Phoenix. Mostly flat , with some small hills, and lots of wash crossings. Great for slower riders !

And, if you really want to go fast, there's plenty opportunity.

• Like 1

Hey Jaxonator it was a good ride and I thought you kept up just fine considering you hadnt ever been there before, I have ridden there many times as you know.

Havent seen Kenpo for awhile but he knows that area also, and hope all is well and you get your bike up and running again soon Kenpo!

• Like 1

I "think" I've been to sycamore before. Not riding , but went there shooting with some friends.

Is that the area where bush hwy meets beeline? Straight downhill to a big enormous wash?

I could be mistaken , but thought I heard one of my friends say it was sycamore creek. I remember it was packed

With ohv's AND shooters. I had a bit of an unsafe feeling all day. Lol.

I like "desert wells". I went there with "TDW" from this forum. I had a great time riding with him, but it was all I could do

To keep up with him. Great day though.

I usually do short (2-3 hr) spur of the moment rides. Don't often have an entire day I can devote to a ride. Sometimes, but not often.

I do a lot of desert trail rides south of Phoenix. Mostly flat , with some small hills, and lots of wash crossings. Great for slower riders !

And, if you really want to go fast, there's plenty opportunity.

That is lower Sycamore, yes. There are several more staging areas as you head North on the bline that are less busy, but even lower Sycamore is pretty dead on a weekday. However, on a weekend, I usually don't stage at lower for just the reasons you said, and if I do, I head north and hit single track ASAP to weed out the riff raff. Once you learn the area you can avoid all that mess. 

TDW is a good dude. Waited on me while I pushed my bike out 5 miles one time. I was tired. 

Hey Jaxonator it was a good ride and I thought you kept up just fine considering you hadnt ever been there before, I have ridden there many times as you know.

Havent seen Kenpo for awhile but he knows that area also, and hope all is well and you get your bike up and running again soon Kenpo!

Hey boss, how have you been? 

Edited by Kenpo1

That is lower Sycamore, yes. There are several more staging areas as you head North on the bline that are less busy, but even lower Sycamore is pretty dead on a weekday. However, on a weekend, I usually don't stage at lower for just the reasons you said, and if I do, I head north and hit single track ASAP to weed out the riff raff. Once you learn the area you can avoid all that mess. 

TDW is a good dude. Waited on me while I pushed my bike out 5 miles one time. I was tired. 

Hey boss, how have you been? 

I've been dealing with some of those old guy aches and pains but still try to get out for a ride when I can. The riding helps to keep a guy in decent shape and enjoy this great weather. Arizona's the best this time of the year isnt it!

• Like 1

Well, I'll likely be there on Saturday. Not sure if it will be a slow group or fast group yet, waiting on confirmations, but I Just got my bike back after close to a 5 months layoff, so I'll be out riding the east side once a week at least. 

Sometime when you know for sure you're riding with the "slow group" , post here. Definitely like to give that area a look.

I'm a former Midwest "flatlander" , so I am still learning the terrain here.

Yes, it was a great time !!! Definitely gonna get back out there again.

• Like 2

Sometime when you know for sure you're riding with the "slow group" , post here. Definitely like to give that area a look.

I'm a former Midwest "flatlander" , so I am still learning the terrain here.

Id like to get in on that one too if possible!

• Like 1

I won't be much help to you guys then, I'm out in he far East valley, and don't know much about riding on the west side. I ride Sycamore, Wildcat, Mesquite, Bulldog, Desert Wells and Florence Junction... all pretty east.

Casey, when you riding next?

Riding crown king with luke tomorrow (stages at lake pleasant). 

Anyone welcome to join!