Beta xtrainer jetting

Has anyone tried a needle that is NOT a JD needle?

Ive been running a NEDJ in my 16 RR300 and it has given me better mileage as well as crisper throttle response.

Im looking to get better mileage from the XT's so they can be ridden further than 50 miles on a tank....

Sea Level to 1000'

70 to 90 degrees

Edited by Roon

Currently 38, 160, Red 4th. I tried 35, 162, Blue 3rd. 

I'm at 152m, blue#2, 35p. riding from sea level to 3000ft. using crappy e10 premium. stock oil injection system.

JD said to go back to blue #3 with the 38. It's going to be fat & blubbery with some four stroking at the transition but at least it will not be lean. I spend much time at that exact spot but need to resist the temptation to run there at steady RPM. I will bring you over some race gas if you bring me up to 3000' on Kauai.

I'm at 152m, blue#2, 35p. riding from sea level to 3000ft. using crappy e10 premium. stock oil injection system.

So you can run that motorex through the injection system?

This is what I do

Has anyone been able to eliminate spooge?

I have JD kit red needle at 2nd clip. MJ 125 and PJ 35.  Riding 5000-11000, air temp 75F.  I started with JD recommendation and drop main jet one size at a time until MJ 128 to stop the spooge at 5500 and air temp at 60F.  The spark plug has very dark brown from 1/2 to full throttle. 

Just changed MJ to 125 and have not yet ridden my bike.

Edited by flywheels

I have JD kit red needle at 2nd clip. MJ 125 and PJ 35. Riding 5000-11000, air temp 75F. I started with JD recommendation and drop main jet one size at a time until MJ 128 to stop the spooge at 5500 and air temp at 60F. The spark plug has very dark brown from 1/2 to full throttle.

Just changed MJ to 125 and have not yet ridden my bike.

Ok I thought jd kit seemed quite rich. So are you using the same needle,pj settings for 5500 @60f as well? I ride the same altitudes as you so I appreciate your input. Are you using motul still?

Yep, everything stays the same. I've only changed MJ to 125.  I'm currently using Amsoil Interceptor.  Any full synthetic oil with approved injection use, lower viscosity than premix, will be fine.

Ok so just to verify at 5500 and 60f you are red needle 2 clip mj 125 pj 35 what is your air screw At?

Ok so just to verify at 5500 and 60f you are red needle 2 clip mj 125 pj 35 what is your air screw At?

Also I am going to Moab this weekend wich is4500 and 60-75f wondering if you would have jetting recommendations for that altitude and temp

I do not have an xtrainer but i do have a oil injected 300rr so i assume jetting is quite similar between them(apologies if i'm wrong).  I'm surprised how lean many are running their jetting. I've been sticking very close to the Beta jetting chart and it seems to run good but when i'm a bit leaner i do notice it's much more crisp and responsive.  

NY weather(currently between 30-40) at sea level.
JD blue needle 4th clip
172 main

40 pilot

stock airscrew position(i've never touched it)

I've always been worried about running it lean and would prefer to keep it slightly rich since i ride in a lot of loose sandy spots that require WOT on hill climbs.  Just curious if anyone has any recommendations for similar conditions.

It's between 1.75 and 2, I'm sure every bike is a little bit different, you can start at 2 and go from there.

Also I am going to Moab this weekend wich is4500 and 60-75f wondering if you would have jetting recommendations for that altitude and temp

You can start from my current setting, mj 125, pj 35, JD red needle at 2nd and 2 turns of as.  I'm sure it'll be pretty close if you're still using the oil injection.