Sign in to follow this  

free power mod..video results

i made a video tonight of my free power mod..

just showing voltages..not install or anything like that

i should have went through the cycles with bike on,,but it garage was filling up with exhaust fast

Edited by 707LAKE
  • Like 2

Interesting. What was the voltage before the free power mod?

:facepalm: ..i duno..i did this mod few months ago..and just made video tonight..then edited it, then realized i need to redo video tmorow,,

ill redo the video with bike running(instead of above video with bike not running) with lights on low, hi, hi+2 mini's..highest i seen was 14.6 on lowbeam(running)

Edited by 707LAKE
  • Like 1

Isn't the "Free Power Mod" just one extra wire run to the battery? If so, disconnect it and check the readings again.

I'd be interested in seeing that result.

:facepalm: ..i duno..i did this mod few months ago..and just made video tonight..then edited it, then realized i need to redo video tmorow,,

ill redo the video with bike running(instead of above video with bike not running) with lights on low, hi, hi+2 mini's..highest i seen was 14.6 on lowbeam(running)

My real world results from doing that mod. was awesome.

A few months ago I bought an 09 S model and the PO had a battery tender hooked up, said it was a fairly new bat. but he had to keep it charged, even though it was a daily driver.

Now I've never had to charge it, just riding weekends for the past few months, that extra 1/2-3/4 of a volt makes a big difference.

I have to ask what battery you have.....with all the accesories that you had on with engine off, I would not expect to see that high of voltage reading on a lead/acid.

I would think that 12 - 12.5 would be more typical

I have to ask what battery you have.....with all the accesories that you had on with engine off, I would not expect to see that high of voltage reading on a lead/acid.

shorai lithium iron extreme rate battery(from tt store)

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/Shorai-Lithium-Iron-Extreme-Rate-Battery-p4863074.html

• Like 1

the lithium batteries are usually in the 13's at full charge.....awesome performance specs are a part of the deal with Li Batts...

• Like 2