Street legal FX450?

Has anyone in British Columbia made one street legal? I hear the vin# is long enough, but not sure how to go about it.. I have a speedo and a headlight so I know ill have to add the tail light and turn signal kit.

Thanks

Rob

I do not have a FX450 but a FE350 and have it registered and plated. It can be hard if you do not have the original NVIS document and or registration papers.

We now have to register all bikes in BC. So the process will be, for you to produce a bill of sale or see a notary and get a affidavit and produce to the agent. They will give you a plate and registration, then insure it and your on the road. The lighting issue is to do with the RCMP and or City Police as without the lights ect you will be non compliant to the motor vehicle act regulations.

Should you need any help with the wiring and or ideas, feel free to ask. I have lit up allot of bikes and made them compliant.

FX450 came out in 2010. Last year for making offroad bikes street legal in BC was 2009...You cannot make offroad bike legal in BC...

I do not have a FX450 but a FE350 and have it registered and plated. It can be hard if you do not have the original NVIS document and or registration papers.

We now have to register all bikes in BC. So the process will be, for you to produce a bill of sale or see a notary and get a affidavit and produce to the agent. They will give you a plate and registration, then insure it and your on the road. The lighting issue is to do with the RCMP and or City Police as without the lights ect you will be non compliant to the motor vehicle act regulations.

Should you need any help with the wiring and or ideas, feel free to ask. I have lit up allot of bikes and made them compliant.

Hmmm, I don't see this working. That means every offroad bike could be made street legal...the new plating system is in regards to offroad bikes being allowed to go across FS roads and such. Not go down the highway... Edited by Monk

Hmmm, I don't see this working. That means every offroad bike could be made street legal...the new plating system is in regards to offroad bikes being allowed to go across FS roads and such. Not go down the highway...

Well it does as my FE350 is a 2014 and when purchased new as I usually do, you receive a NVIS document " New Vehicle Information Statement" on this NVIS it notes if the vehicle is for off road purposes only. Husaberg NVIS forms are blank and do not state this. You then register your new vehicle with ICBC and that's it. It is up to you to be compliant within the MVA regulations as most are not. HID aftermarket lights, tinted windows, tinted headlights ECT.

We in BC now have to register all off road vehicles with ICBC, thus being done by June of this year. If we do not register our ORV's we become the same as driving a car without a registration and the local police officer can and probably will seize it under the new legislation for ORV's. This is now law. So when you go to register your ORV in what ICBC is handling, they will give you the same document registration that you receive when you buy a street bike. You also receive a motorcycle plate that must be displayed at all times, even off road. So after this is all done, you go into your local Autoplan agency and purchase insurance, place your sticker on the plate and away you go.

Now for the legality of this all even back prior 2009. All motor vehicles must meet transportation requirements upon a highway and be certified to do such. Even those converted race endures such as mine. Should you ever get into a serious accident and be investigated, they will find your bike was not meant for the road as the old KTM's that are plated supermotos ect. This becomes a liability issue for you and you only. It is your responsibility to ensure your vehicle meets all requirements prior placing it on the street.

For me it is about the insurance and the ability to cross a highway when out playing. Getting a pop at the local store on the sunny day ect.

Very, Very easy to plate almost anything if you know the system of ICBC and how it works. I could plate my 2 stroke yz if I wanted to, but you can guess the local cop would roadside it in the first trip I took to town. Once you get a notice and order you then have to produce an inspection and without the certification of road worthiness from the manufacture, you are hooped.

Well it does as my FE350 is a 2014 and when purchased new as I usually do, you receive a NVIS document " New Vehicle Information Statement" on this NVIS it notes if the vehicle is for off road purposes only. Husaberg NVIS forms are blank and do not state this. You then register your new vehicle with ICBC and that's it. It is up to you to be compliant within the MVA regulations as most are not. HID aftermarket lights, tinted windows, tinted headlights ECT.

We in BC now have to register all off road vehicles with ICBC, thus being done by June of this year. If we do not register our ORV's we become the same as driving a car without a registration and the local police officer can and probably will seize it under the new legislation for ORV's. This is now law. So when you go to register your ORV in what ICBC is handling, they will give you the same document registration that you receive when you buy a street bike. You also receive a motorcycle plate that must be displayed at all times, even off road. So after this is all done, you go into your local Autoplan agency and purchase insurance, place your sticker on the plate and away you go.

Now for the legality of this all even back prior 2009. All motor vehicles must meet transportation requirements upon a highway and be certified to do such. Even those converted race endures such as mine. Should you ever get into a serious accident and be investigated, they will find your bike was not meant for the road as the old KTM's that are plated supermotos ect. This becomes a liability issue for you and you only. It is your responsibility to ensure your vehicle meets all requirements prior placing it on the street.

For me it is about the insurance and the ability to cross a highway when out playing. Getting a pop at the local store on the sunny day ect.

Very, Very easy to plate almost anything if you know the system of ICBC and how it works. I could plate my 2 stroke yz if I wanted to, but you can guess the local cop would roadside it in the first trip I took to town. Once you get a notice and order you then have to produce an inspection and without the certification of road worthiness from the manufacture, you are hooped.

You have missed something. I would pay you $5000 cash right now of you found a loop hole to make a offroad bike 100% Street Legal. I've spent 100hrs researching on how to do it legally and it's just not possible without some major changes...

In fact if you had this loophole I would guarantee $100s of $1000s dollars...

Oh an BTW. You can not cross higways etc with the new ORV registration. This is a funny thing. Your vehicle must meet transportation requirements upon a highway, such as having all the necessary lights, a class 6 licence etc, You must also buy insurance for the bike. This is nothing more than a PST generating scheme for the province as if you can not provide proof that you paid the pst when you purchased the bike, ICBC will make you pay it upon registration. It is all about revenue and nothing more. With the plate all that happens is the local authorities can find you. You still need insurance for anywhere you ride such as logging roads, crown land etc. only place you don't need insurance is private property. The cheapest insurance I have found is just over a hun for a year per bike, for me that is six hun a year to be able to play with my bikes. Not impressed about this, but I must say they have made it allot easier to plate once again :)

It is not a loophole, it is plating a vehicle. No off road motorcycle is ever been legal to use upon a highway, even prior 2009. the frames are not certified by the national association that does this. Most manufactures NVIS say off road use only, but if you know a agent they over look this and give you the plate. It is not about the plate, it is about being legal and you never can be. You can still plate it and ride it until you get pulled over and a notice and order to inspect is required.

My 2014 FE350 had no turn signals, no brake light, horn, mirrors etc. I still had a plate on it. I however did not ride it on the road or display the plate until I put all the lights on etc. It still is actually not compliant as I have no horn or mirrors and my rear turn signals do not meet the dot standard. but it is still plated :)

Oh an BTW. You can not cross higways etc with the new ORV registration. This is a funny thing. Your vehicle must meet transportation requirements upon a highway, such as having all the necessary lights, a class 6 licence etc, You must also buy insurance for the bike. This is nothing more than a PST generating scheme for the province as if you can not provide proof that you paid the pst when you purchased the bike, ICBC will make you pay it upon registration. It is all about revenue and nothing more. With the plate all that happens is the local authorities can find you. You still need insurance for anywhere you ride such as logging roads, crown land etc. only place you don't need insurance is private property. The cheapest insurance I have found is just over a hun for a year per bike, for me that is six hun a year to be able to play with my bikes. Not impressed about this, but I must say they have made it allot easier to plate once again :)

Yeah, the OP asked about a FX450 being completely street legal. It's not possible...

It is not a loophole, it is plating a vehicle. No off road motorcycle is ever been legal to use upon a highway, even prior 2009. the frames are not certified by the national association that does this. Most manufactures NVIS say off road use only, but if you know a agent they over look this and give you the plate. It is not about the plate, it is about being legal and you never can be. You can still plate it and ride it until you get pulled over and a notice and order to inspect is required.

My 2014 FE350 had no turn signals, no brake light, horn, mirrors etc. I still had a plate on it. I however did not ride it on the road or display the plate until I put all the lights on etc. It still is actually not compliant as I have no horn or mirrors and my rear turn signals do not meet the dot standard. but it is still plated :)

See post above...

BTW, don't need your $100s of $1000s dollars, just was letting someone know how to plate their bike :) I however would be happy to meet you and collect the 5k and will be happy to bring my bike and the reggie and the plate lol. Anywyas gotta go as I am away for 4 days to sunpeaks riding. Happy riding to all :)

BTW, don't need your $100s of $1000s dollars, just was letting someone know how to plate their bike :) I however would be happy to meet you and collect the 5k and will be happy to bring my bike and the reggie and the plate lol. Anywyas gotta go as I am away for 4 days to sunpeaks riding. Happy riding to all :)

PM me if you want to rock GREENSTONE or such, I live in Kamloops...

I see this is old. Just noticed some fellow BCer's just got 08 fe450 street legal from Vernon area. I did up a 2000 klx300 street legal 10 years ago. Lots of hoops. Didn't have original frame so my Vin is a BC issued. Passed inspection and did my license on the bike.

I see this is old. Just noticed some fellow BCer's just got 08 fe450 street legal from Vernon area. I did up a 2000 klx300 street legal 10 years ago. Lots of hoops. Didn't have original frame so my Vin is a BC issued. Passed inspection and did my license on the bike.

Before 09 you could street legalize a bike, not so after 09...

FWIW,

(Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (Canada) ) All vehicles must be deemed safe upon a highway and thus being said even the converted supermotos prior 2009 have not got this approval from the commission. When they were purchased new the NVIS form clearly stated (Off Road Use Only) what would happen is a Autoplan broker would overlook this and print a registration form, the form would allow a Autoplan broker to plate the vehicle. Even with the plate the vehicle is still not deemed safe for transportation upon a highway as it has not been certified by a engineer for such use. Every one of these plated supermotos can be removed by a police officer at anytime. The will ask for inspection. And I who is a journeyman and a certified inspector can not place a decal on it if it has not been deemed safe by engineering and emission standards. I can not certify a car that has a custom built frame without an engineering report as well.

After 2009 a internal memo was sent to all Autoplan Brokers and vehicle/motorcycle inspection facilities to cease doing this as it was not within the guidelines and these vehicles were not compliant to safety standards (The standards are made for safety such as frame structure testing as well emissions ect.)This will be marked clearly on a new vehicle information statement when the vehicle is first registered with ICBC and put into their system.

So what is happening now. Companies such as Husaberg have left out the (For Off Road Use) Blank on the NVIS form. This allows the Autoplan broker the ability to register it into the system without any issue. ICBC also has a list of non compliant motorcycles as a reference as per there crackdown (2009) and the system will not allow. Most are such as YZ, RM, XC, KX and so forth. When something funky comes to there system such as FS or FE from Europe it bypasses.

For my NVIS of my 2014 FE350 was blank, The machine is not certified and should not be plated but loopholes still exist and always will as ICBC can not keep up to the production and rely on there brokers, Most have not got a clue. So unless you have a NVIS form that is blank or are on the Good list at icbc you are done.

Just purchase a new Husky FE or TE if you want to plate a offroad machine and you will not have any problem.

Monk.... Moving to Kamloops in Aug, You still up that way?? We gotta ride, crashed last year bad at sunpeaks and put me out and now a little slower but still going lol.

i know its an old post but i got a plated 2017 husky TE300 2t plated. not an issue.as long as it was never registered off road or the papers stamped off road only it will pass.

A bit off topic, but I have a plated 2010 FX 450 for sale in very good condition.

Salem, OR