Sign in to follow this  

Looking to buy reeds.

why are boyesen reeds so much cheaper than v-force reeds? is it get what you pay for or?

and also for boyesen it looks like i just buy the reeds themselves and bolt them to my reed holder thing?

it looks like v-force its buy the hole reeds and box?

can i just buy the v-force reeeds and bolt them to the stock box? will that work? will be not be very good? do they fit?

even the reeds alone for the v-force are over DOUBLE boyesen reeds price???? wtf???

thanks.

any suggestions are welcome, answering my questions or a little off topic i dont mind at all.

thanks

Good luck seeing a change if your looking for an increase in performance

Boyesen makes direct replacement reeds but they also make the Rad Valve which is a cage and reeds similar to the V-Force. Both of these products work well with usually one working better than another depending on the engine.

I have been running V-Force for years in different bikes and had no issues. My new bike came with them stock.

• Like 1

The Rad valve is compatibly priced. The OP was confused by the cost of replacement reeds, to go on your stock cage, as opposed to the whole cage and reeds. 

V-Force doesn't, to my knowledge, make replacement reeds for your stock cage. Boyesen was doing that for a long time before they ever made a cage. 

• Like 1

Anyone have any suggestions as to when reeds should be replaced?

If your bike doesn't idle. You probably have a reed problem.

• Like 1

If your bike doesn't idle. You probably have a reed problem.

Or the pilot jet is clogged from gasoline breakdown.  Ethanol exacerbates this problem.  Then you will have catastrophic engine failure miles (kilometers) away from the truck, you will become dehydrated and die.  All because of liberal, corn-fed gasoline.

ADM actually contributes more to republicans. Follow the money.