2010 TT-R125 - Did they make them that year?

Hi, all. I'm new here. In fact, I'm totally new to the world of dirtbikes. I'm a quad rider who would like to dabble in dirtbikes.

I have been searchin for a TT-R for awhile now, I'm patient. I want something reliable but cheap, as I know I will probably wreck it. :)

I came across an ad for a 2010 tt-r125 for $1,500 but talked them down to $1,000. It has handguards, FMF pipe and that's it. It's a 2 hour drive for me, so I want to make sure it's legit before I drive there. A few things are worrying me:

I can't find a 2010 TT-R125 on KBB to assess the value. After some researching, I think I've concluded that they didn't make the ttr 125 in 2010 - well they did in Canada and other countries, just not the USA. I asked them about it, but they blew over it and answered my other questions without addressing it. I asked for the VIN number, but they didn't give it to me. I will ask again before I actually go to get it so I can make sure it's the correct year and it's not stolen or something. But did they infact make 2010s, or not?

Also, they said they bought it new but did not get a title or pay taxes on it because it is farm exempt. It sounded legit at first, but I've never heard of "title" exempt, only tax exempt. Wouldn't they still get a title? I called Cernic's and they said that was a line of BS, but I'm just not sure.

Any insight? Thanks!

They should have gotten a tittle

Hi, all. I'm new here. In fact, I'm totally new to the world of dirtbikes. I'm a quad rider who would like to dabble in dirtbikes.

I have been searchin for a TT-R for awhile now, I'm patient. I want something reliable but cheap, as I know I will probably wreck it. :)

I came across an ad for a 2010 tt-r125 for $1,500 but talked them down to $1,000. It has handguards, FMF pipe and that's it. It's a 2 hour drive for me, so I want to make sure it's legit before I drive there. A few things are worrying me:

I can't find a 2010 TT-R125 on KBB to assess the value. After some researching, I think I've concluded that they didn't make the ttr 125 in 2010 - well they did in Canada and other countries, just not the USA. I asked them about it, but they blew over it and answered my other questions without addressing it. I asked for the VIN number, but they didn't give it to me. I will ask again before I actually go to get it so I can make sure it's the correct year and it's not stolen or something. But did they infact make 2010s, or not?

Also, they said they bought it new but did not get a title or pay taxes on it because it is farm exempt. It sounded legit at first, but I've never heard of "title" exempt, only tax exempt. Wouldn't they still get a title? I called Cernic's and they said that was a line of BS, but I'm just not sure.

Any insight? Thanks!

I would be worried too.

Google "2010 ttr125"...they were definitely made and supplied to the U.S.

The seller not giving you the VIN is complete BS...the VIN is 17 characters long, and stamped into the right side of the tube where the steering bearings live.  Ask the guy if he's got a camera on his phone and have him message you a pic.

You're correct on "tax exempt" for farm or ranch use, but you always get a title to show ownership...whether or not you pay sales tax and registration is a completely separate issue ;)

Something definitely stinks.

Good luck.

Steve

Edited by fnfal

They are putting up a stink at me wanting to meet at a public place, insisting I go to their house. I think I'll have to pass on getting robbed :naughty:

Too many iffy things for me to drive 2 hours and take a chance.Thanks for the input guys!

I think you made a smart choice.  It's like all the warning signs on bogus CraigsList ads put together.  What a deal. :devil::facepalm::banghead:

I'm thinking either the VIN is ground off and / or the bike is hot.

Steve

I think you made a smart choice.  It's like all the warning signs on bogus CraigsList ads put together.  What a deal. :devil::facepalm::banghead:

I'm thinking either the VIN is ground off and / or the bike is hot.

Steve

Okay scratch that. I am meeting them tomorrow at a public place. They still have been &%$#@!-footing around the VIN number, but I'll ask again. Either way a 2010 for $1,000 I have to buy it if it's a real thing!

I'll update you if I get robbed or killed. Well not if I get killed. :p

christa

please take some back up

oh by the way

a used ttr 125 no matter what year is only worth 1000

good luck

christa

please take some back up

oh by the way

a used ttr 125 no matter what year is only worth 1000

good luck

I'll be sure to bring my 9mm and my 6'2 240lb husband LOL!

I was considering a 2004 for $600, but figured for an extra 400 I could get a 6 year younger one.. hopefully worth the effort. And thank you!

ya good for you

I got one of those and a .45 1911 to go with it

pop the air box cover and take a look at the air filter, that's a dead give away if the bike is neglected (dirty filter)

also pull the dip stick and wipe it on a white rag to get a good look at the oil

take a 10 and 8mm socket to get to the filter

good luck

ya good for you

I got one of those and a .45 1911 to go with it

pop the air box cover and take a look at the air filter, that's a dead give away if the bike is neglected (dirty filter)

also pull the dip stick and wipe it on a white rag to get a good look at the oil

take a 10 and 8mm socket to get to the filter

good luck

OOh thanks for the heads up, I will definitely do that!

Well, I got it. And I didn't die or get robbed, but it did fall off the trailer when I got like 4 feet out onto the highway. :)
I hope I didn't get ripped. $1,000 -  I think it's an 09 not a 10, dead battery (but kicks easy) and piece of the brake level is broke off.

Thanks for all your assistance :ride: I'm excited to try it out. It should be entertaining as I've never ridden a dirtbike before. I'll be sure to GoPro it and pass the link in here haha!

ttr.jpg

cool

looks racy

VIN?

Title?   

;)

VIN?

Title?   

;)

yeah VIN # is 9c6ce22y6b0006228 which is how I deduced that it's a 2009 -- apparently the 1st number means it's an 09 :-/

And no title. They said they were farm exempt, which I think was a crock, but whatever. I wrote up a bill of sale that said they acknowledge the title is free & clear of any issues that would hinder transfer of ownership incase I do decide to petition Harrisburg (I'm from PA obviously) for a new title.