Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Bogle out for Vegas

Says he is out to focus on the outdoor series.

Lame ass move in my opinion , the fans pay for tickets to see the best guys racing.

• Like 5

From the "animated track map" thread, my one response to someone hoping for a seriously good race, and hoping that pride means something still.

"I have no doubt it does.  

But I don't think it's a reality anymore.

The tracks are too "precision".   You need to be perfect on everything to make the jumps.  This to me, means the risk is very high, and when battling for a position when the only thing is pride, I can't see these guys doing it.   They have an outdoor season that needs to be run, and too many guys get injured.   To get injured and have to sit out an outdoor season due to a crash in what is honestly, a meaningless race seems like it is just not going to happen.

I would love to see a REALLY toned down SX track.   Much more cornering and throttle/brake, with much less high risk jumps.   I think we'd see a SX season that would be an absolute nail biter the entire time.    "

Edited by DethWshBkr_
  • Like 4

Strange as I thought he was paid to race ??

• Like 1

Strange as I thought he was paid to race ??

I am paying a rider, who is in a VERY risky line of racing.     This race coming up has absolutely NO benefit other than a show.   There is no title points, no points at all, just a showing for the team, and a lot of risk.

I may say to him "I'd rather you not take the risk and be ready to race in the next series, which is starting up here in a few weeks".

• Like 1

Should all riders not going to win the championship pull out ?ie no one turn up ?

• Like 2

2 weeks to get acclimated to the 4fiddy by Hangtown?   Smart move if you ask me

Since when is he riding a 450 outdoors ? 

personally I like Bogle, and I have no problem with a rider taking time out to practice, rest, or whatever.

it's better than crossing the line that gets someone hurt...Just ask that other rider from Oklahoma !

Since when is he riding a 450 outdoors ? 

Ya know what?  I am not sure he was? I read an article today regarding him moving up and I didn't even think it was for next Suppy season. 

Miixed feelings on this one....   Strategy wise and minimize risk factor this makes good sense (if your a giant puss).

However on the other hand without the fan base these guys might as well be out in the hills racing each other for beer money.. .. what about the parents who bought tix for this race before the announcement and the whole reason was so their kid(s) could see their favorite rider  Mr. Leg swag Bogle.....

What if all of the teams decided to only let the "B" rider ride , that would be lame !! Bitch move !!

• Like 5

these guys might as well be out in the hills racing each other for beer money.. ..

most fun racing EVER...

(Ill take a 6 of Newcastle please)

• Like 1

most fun racing EVER...

(Ill take a 6 of Newcastle please)

You wish.. You'll be buying a 12ver of Modelo !!!!

• Like 1

Lot of great points in this thread and I believe they apply to every rider! Let 70,000 fans stare at a bunch of dirt for 4hrs. Don't change my cable bill and it might do something to make them change how points are handed out.

Bogle bitched out plain & simple. He knows Marvin & Cooper were going to clean his clock in Vegas so he wanted to save face. Anyone else ever notice how much he sticks his tongue out and continuously licks his lips during interviews? He looks like a f' monitor lizard he does it so much lol. 

• Like 7

I am paying a rider, who is in a VERY risky line of racing.     This race coming up has absolutely NO benefit other than a show.   There is no title points, no points at all, just a showing for the team, and a lot of risk.

I may say to him "I'd rather you not take the risk and be ready to race in the next series, which is starting up here in a few weeks".

I totally get that from the rider's/team's perspective.  I appreciate what you are saying, and know you are playing the Devil's Advocate.  What if all of the top riders did that?  Some others still might.

Paraphrasing what regul8or said, if it wasn't for the fans then there wouldn't be an industry and these guys would just be out racing for fun on the weekends.  If everyone decided to do that, lots of fans wouldn't show up and it would be like an amateur event.  There is a $hit ton of money into this industry.

If Bogle was one of my favorites (which he isn't), I'd be ticked off as a fan.  But, he isn't.

He is paid to race. His only excuse in my book is the team won't let him. If I was a gecko and paid huge cash for a shroud logo i'd be pissed. Racing is a dangerous sport no need to start playing safe at this point. Huge let down for the fans of the sport.