Huck Valve questions....

I may be picking up a used set of huck valves and appropriate springs for my weight.  My bike has been revalved pretty much to my liking.  The only issue I want to address is the "harsh" hit in the forks when doing a flat landing. 

My questions are:

1) Are there any mods that I need to do to the forks other than the swapping of springs and huck valve?

2) Will my current valving be negatively effected by the swap?

3) Will the huck valves address the "harsh" slap when landing on a flat zone?

4) I think I read that I need a different amount of oil? Any idea of the range?

Thanks. I'm sure more ????'s will come up but those are just off the top for now.

Btw, this is the 1st revalve I've had.  I'm one of those riders that just rides it like it is.  

2012 ktm 250sx - track bike.....

Pretty sure fork lugs have to come off of the stanchions to install that thing.  No idea how much that sucks on a WP fork.  It's not bad on a Showa, royal pain on a KYB.

Wp are easy

Wp are easy

Wait is Gordon right that the lugs need to come off?

Mog, what do u mean by "easy" ? Is it more than a spring change break down?

WP axle lugs are not very hard to remove. They come lose easily when they are heated up properly.

However, you need a clamping tool for the chrome tube...

You need to relocate the spring seat:

Either you lathe a new groove into the cart or you spacers at the top (to the cartridge container). You should check of the cartridge container is tightened properly. They get lose sometimes.

Oilamount can be reduced by approx. 70ml.

Yes the lugs need to come off

I may be picking up a used set of huck valves and appropriate springs for my weight.  My bike has been revalved pretty much to my liking.  The only issue I want to address is the "harsh" hit in the forks when doing a flat landing. 

My questions are:

1) Are there any mods that I need to do to the forks other than the swapping of springs and huck valve?

2) Will my current valving be negatively effected by the swap?

3) Will the huck valves address the "harsh" slap when landing on a flat zone?

4) I think I read that I need a different amount of oil? Any idea of the range?

Thanks. I'm sure more ????'s will come up but those are just off the top for now.

Btw, this is the 1st revalve I've had.  I'm one of those riders that just rides it like it is.  

2012 ktm 250sx - track bike.....

I would call Jeremy at MX-Tech and let him tell you exactly what to do...he has a great reputation for customer service.

Lugs need to come off.

As Marcus (mog) said its easier on Wp.

You will need to relocate spring seat as Vietze said, but you can order the 'no cut kit' (mxtech sells it) wich has spacers ready to relocate the spring seat.

You can go even lower than 70ml, prob. Total of 270 or less.

You will probably need to use shorter springs as well. Jeremy at mx-tech will be more than happy to help you.

Hucks do a great job, its not just bottoming control its an overall benefit.

Edited by DinoY