Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Stewart Appeal With WADA Denied....

Well, that sucks ass.... 

In a statement released by Yoshimura Suzuki this morning, James Stewart’s final appeal for his sixteen-month suspension for a positive test for a banned substance following the Seattle Supercross in 2014, has been denied. His suspension will remain in place until August 11, 2015.

“It’s extremely disappointing that my appeal was denied,” Stewart said. “But I’m glad this is over and now I can turn my full attention back to preparing for the few events I’ll be competing in this year and coming back strong for 2016.

“I thank Yoshimura Suzuki, my sponsors and all the fans who have given me a ton of support through all of this. The one thing this time off has done is made me realize how much I miss racing, so it’s going to be a great day for me when I get to see that gate drop again.”

“It was an incredibly frustrating process and disappointing decision, but we’ll have James on board with the team for 2016 and beyond and we look forward to his return,” said team manager Mike Webb in a team statement. “We have a few warm-up events later this year and then we’ll be back in full force for the 2016 Supercross season.”

Stewart is already slated to compete in Australia in November and is also expected to race Red Bull Straight Rhythm later this year and the Monster Energy Cup in October.

Below is the full press release from Suzuki. 

CHINO, CA– Yoshimura Suzuki learned Monday that the FIM appeal by James Stewart that might have allowed him to begin racing the upcoming 2015 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship has been denied. Instead the suspension will remain in place until August 11, 2015. Stewart says he will now focus on his return to competition.

As they have through the entire process, Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing will continue to support Stewart and look forward to his return to competition.

Yoshimura Suzuki team manager Mike Webb said the appeal process has been frustrating and costly. There were several delays requested by the FIM throughout the appeal process.

“It was an incredibly frustrating process and disappointing decision, but we’ll have James on board with the team for 2016 and beyond and we look forward to his return. We have a few warm-up events later this year and then we’ll be back in full force for the 2016 Supercross season.”

Even though it’s been a trying time, not only for the delays, but also for not knowing the outcome of his appeal, Stewart said at least he can now look forward to putting this behind him and is looking forward to racing again.

“It’s extremely disappointing that my appeal was denied,” Stewart said. “But I’m glad this is over and now I can turn my full attention back to preparing for the few events I’ll be competing in this year and coming back strong for 2016.

“I thank Yoshimura Suzuki, my sponsors and all the fans who have given me a ton of support through all of this. The one thing this time off has done is made me realize how much I miss racing, so it’s going to be a great day for me when I get to see that gate drop again.”

Stewart plans to defend his Red Bull Straight Rhythm title later this year and is also slated to contest the Monster Energy Cup in October.

Edited by MediumDriver

More like time for the AMA to get back to its glory days instead of the bitch made group of puppets its turned into...

• Like 4

Time for Baggett to step up

2x,

IMO Baggett is zooks best hope to date, even if Stewart is cleared.

I love watching Stewart race, but he needs to go race with RV2...

• Like 2

What a major shock ,his appeal was denied as he had zero grounds to appeal ,and it's been confirmed officially and finally

• Like 5

2x,

IMO Baggett is zooks best hope to date, even if Stewart is cleared.

I love watching Stewart race, but he needs to go race with RV2...

He can't, his suspension covers the GP's, too. 

• Like 2

Unbelievable - this was supposed to be dealt with on March 31st. 4 weeks later. WTF. This, the delay in the actual suspension after they had the results, plus JS comments on how bad the FIM is in dealing, distributing and deciding on information is a total joke. 

Ok lets just assume a total guilty narrative on the JS saga - could the FIM have possibly belabored this effort any more so than it already is. 

Maybe they forgot to file the paperwork till after the decision ,that would be a terrible crime would it not? ?

• Like 2

He can't, his suspension covers the GP's, too. 

yea got that, but the suspension is not forever ...

I say MXGP and let the euros boast about beating another "Champ" in there twilight years.

BB is the only 450 rider that looks like a wet rag with stick holding them up. too skinny for 450. give him a 350 like cairoli he would dominate!

What a disappointment ........ it will be the ET and RD show I guess...  I would have added BB to that but he looked a little gun shy all sx season .... NO chupacabra sightings at all !!!!!! ( funny that chubacabra means "goat - sucker" from its  habit of attacking live stock and drinking its blood, cool

So we need to wait till 2016 for him to get hurt 3 rounds in?

I am actually anxious to see him return.

Stewart WAS an absolute animal on a bike.   When he WANTED to be there.   Once he had won, his head got too big and he just fell apart.   If anything, hopefully this makes him again WANT to be there (as he said in his release).  If so - he should be extremely competitive.

• Like 2

Now that's settled , the forum can be Bubba free until August.

LOL. Even if Bubba was on a spaceship to Mars, his name would pop up. "Bubba would have jump that quad." "give this series champ an asterisk, JS isn't riding."

• Like 1

yea got that, but the suspension is not forever ...

I say MXGP and let the euros boast about beating another "Champ" in there twilight years.

Oh right, gotcha.  Yeah, then they'd say they beat our two best riders.  :facepalm:

Now that's settled , the forum can be Bubba free until August.

Wow, now that's a nice idea.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1