FMF PowerBomb + Q4 System Leak HELP!

Hello

Today I noticed that my exhaust system leaks between pipe and header. Picture below from internet, place of leak is marked by red.

Any ideas how to stop leaking? 

I removed exhaust and reinstalled, but nothing changed. 

IMG_0562.jpg

Can't see in the picture.  Is there a clamp?  Did you assemble with high temp RTV like the instructions said?

No I didn't use RTV. 

I'll go tomorrow and buy RTV and assemble again. 

Thanks

Depending on how loose your connection is between your mid pipe and header you will want to use some High temp silicone help secure the seal stated in the instruction. Please let the silicone set and seal before running the bike to check for proper seal. If your still having issues after that please give us a call and we will get photos and more information from you at that point and we will take it from there and get you taken care of.

Please give us a call at 310-631-4363

Have you put some duck tape on it? That should fix the leak right up!

Really nice of the FMF people to pipe in on the subject. I had the same little leak on my PB/Q4 set-up. The High Temp Blue RTV as suggested worked fine. I believe its in the shape and way the pipes join. There is a little slot that allows more stretch or room for the mid-pipe and header to come together. The clamp is supposed to squeeze that gap tight. The RTV seals that gap better when used upon assembly.

I am sure the Kids suggestion above is meant in humor. Please don't do that though. You may burn your bike up when the duct tape catches fire. That pipe gets darn hot!

Edited by Jim BurnCycle Abbott

Depending on how loose your connection is between your mid pipe and header you will want to use some High temp silicone help secure the seal stated in the instruction. Please let the silicone set and seal before running the bike to check for proper seal. If your still having issues after that please give us a call and we will get photos and more information from you at that point and we will take it from there and get you taken care of.

Please give us a call at 310-631-4363

Yeah now THAT'S the kind of customer service I'm talking about!

Thanks guys! I'm not putting duct tape on exhaust :D

FMF, thanks for service but I live in Georgia, where is no official dealership or services and we, bikers have to do things ourselves and that's why I use this forum as "manual" for my DRZ. Today I'll try high temp silicone and will post about result.

Edited by gajaviki

I have the same pipe, have had a leak at the joint since I've owned it. No amount of RTV has ever lasted for more than two or three rides - it works until the vibration or heat turns the silicon into a fine dust, then the leak is back. Is there a particular brand you guys are using that doesn't disintegrate so easily?

Dont forget to let the sealer cure first before your start it................

What if I put tinfoil in the joint?