What oil to use in my bike

What is the best oil to use in my bike? I have an 87 kx250...Not Oil to mix in the gas but engine/tranny oil lol

Edited by svrob

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Why does this question seem like Deja Vue? But, just because you asked, and you want an answer, and now, watch the fun(?) ensue!

I run Rotella in everything! :rolleyes:

Genuine motorcycle oil that meets the specs that is recommended in the Factory OEM Kawasaki Shop Manual would be a great place to look that up.

:applause: :applause: :banana: :banana: :applause: :applause:

Olive oil

Olive oil

Virgin, extra virgin or pure?

I like Yamalube, but you're riding green....so you're out of luck there.  :prof:  :doh:

I run EVOO.

I would recommend ATF for that bike.

If you run Genuine Harley Davidson oil your bike will sound like the cam timing is advanced, the ignition timing is retarded and the CDI box will always revert to "Parade Mode" if it sits idling at a stop to long.

Prom...

Popular oils include automatic transmission fluid, 15W-40 diesel oil (Delo Delvac or Rotella), or 10W-40 car oil since most brands in this viscosity do not contain friction modifiers like other car oil viscocities. A specific gear oil like 80W-90 (Honda HP Trans or Bel Ray Gearsaver) is also popular and it works. 

Why does this question seem like Deja Vue? But, just because you asked, and you want an answer, and now, watch the fun(?) ensue!

I run Rotella in everything! :rolleyes:

Because no one can see the BIG BOLD LETTERS THAT SAY, "NEW GUYS IN HERE FIRST"