Sign in to follow this  

just put a deposit.....excited ahhhh!

On a 2014 yz250! 5500 after blue crew debit card for 300$!!!

Can not wait! Been like 6 bikes since my 05 yz250, nothing is as balanced and good overall for my style and wants in a bike.

Only question i have is what does it take to use a 2010-2013 250f shock? Found an a kit shock for cheap cheap cheap!

On a 2014 yz250! 5500 after blue crew debit card for 300$!!!

Can not wait! Been like 6 bikes since my 05 yz250, nothing is as balanced and good overall for my style and wants in a bike.

Only question i have is what does it take to use a 2010-2013 250f shock? Found an a kit shock for cheap cheap cheap!

yz250 shock is A kit material right off the showroom floor, Internals and kashima coated, 18mm oversize shock shaft (this is factory sx bike stuff) and 4.9 stock titanium spring. Keep the stocker.

And highfive bud! nothing like new bike smell.

Edited by adam8781

Im super pumped! I just know ill be comfortable on this bike from the first lap where as other bikes its a toss up and end up putting money in them making them suit me. Do that a few times over and spent twice as much as buying this one new and moving on with it!

Congrats!  The only NEW MXer I've ever bought is the 13' YZ250 I have now.  New bikes are nice and tight......the stuff dreams are made of!  Just don't forget to do the essentials when you get it home.  Take it apart and apply grease to ALL of the bearings (steering, linkage, swingarm).  Get the squish corrected if its too wide.  Just little stuff that mass production CAN'T get right.   

I plan to ride it this first weekend unfortunately and then ill tear it down, im making a few hour drive to get it am headed right to the track on the way back. Make the drive more worth it i figure! I will for sure grease and never sieze and loctite the essentials!!!

One or two rides will not hurt it a bit.  I did the same thing.  Bought it and went straight to the track.  Do a few heat cycles....then RIP!

Awesome, cant wait for Saturday! I avoided the inevitable of coming back to the yz250 because i know its basically identical to the 05 i had, but after going up down and around with bikes searching for the right one, im back to like 2007 lol

First ride was sat, first thing that struck me is this pulls way longer than yz last yz up top, possibly longer than any 250 I've ridden, can really stretch the gears out and it takes it.

Love the motor, handling was very good, easy to cut down mid corner to cut to the inside, really fun to ride.

Clutch pull is twice as stiff as the bike im coming from going to experiment to lighten that some,

Biggest negative was charging into turns was beating me up through breaking bumps. Im 200lbs so i suspect i was using too much stroke and forcing it to take them in the stiffer part of the travel.

• Like 1

You definitely need stiffer springs.  I'm 185 without gear and put in .46 fork springs and a 5.4 shock.  Really helped keep the fork from packing under hard breaking and keeps it in the sweet spot.  Shock better all around also. 

Also, I went with ASV levers on both sides.  Seemed to make pull a little easier.  Even with heavier clutch springs.

Glad you like it, though.  Such a great bike and a blast to ride. 

Thanks frettie, i will have to get it resprung than asap. What weight is this ideal for in stock form? I cant see myself getting under 180, im 6 foot and a pretty heavy build even when slim.

I wish i fell in the stock weight range for moto!

Thanks frettie, i will have to get it resprung than asap. What weight is this ideal for in stock form? I cant see myself getting under 180, im 6 foot and a pretty heavy build even when slim.

I wish i fell in the stock weight range for moto!

.46 fronts

5.2-5.4 rear

Got stiffer springs installed and finally got out on it a couple times.

Bike is awesome. Zero complaints. It pulls so long up top that shifting almost isnt needed! Clutch out.of the turns in 3rd and just let her eat from.there.

Unreal.

• Like 1

when i was reading through you said you were going straight to the track i was about to reply to get the suspension set for your weight/ability, someone beat me to it :thumbsup: .

glad you like it and are having fun.

I am 190 pounds with .48 up front and 5.6 on rear. Supersoft, I couldn't be happier. Don't be afraid to run stiff Springs if that's what is called for. The stiffer The springs, the softer the ride. Doesn't make sense, but it's the truth. Thanks Tapio!