04 rm250 brakes

I just got a 04 rm 250 up and running and it has hands down the worst brakes I have ever had. Is there any secret fix for this? They really suck.

Ive sanded the roters and the pads, fresh fluids. I'm thinking OS roter, but I feel even then they will need help.

u can use a Honda crf master cylinder and line for the front.....pretty sure I got mine from a 08 crf250....

u can use a Honda crf master cylinder and line for the front.....pretty sure I got mine from a 08 crf250....

That's exactly the information I was looking for.

Thanks

do you know if this would fit on a 2001 rm 250 too?

Not 100% sure but I don't see why not. I can't imagine the caliper banjo Bolt threads would be any different

Yes it will fit the 2001.  You will need to change fork guards to the 04 up RM250 plus the line clamp as this set up raps around the inside of the fork leg instead of under the fork leg like the 01-03 RMs.  You can also use the RMZ fork guards, but they will be about 1" shorter.  Also works on all 01-03 RM250s and RM125s.

I just installed a Galfer 270mm rotor, SM grippy pads and the 04+ hose....now it will put you down with very little effort. Much better.

Make sure the pads are of good quality and the fluid is blead properly....that alone made a difference on mine.