05 yz125 vs 2011 kx250f vs 2012 kx250f

I know 125 vs 250f forums are not hard to find so I'm sorry about the new one but mine is a little different. I have a 05 yz125 with little work like wheels, reeds, plastics etc. but I'm a 5'9 135lb c class rider and am curious if I should sell my yz and get a 250f or just put more work into my yamaha? Does anyone have any ideas? I am looking for more power because as it is, I am pushing my 125 so hard to keep up that it just has issues... So should I get a 2011 or 12 kx250f (best priced bikes at local dealer) or should I build my yz? And if I keep the yz, what mods should I do? Thanks!

You have a great bike that is very competitive.  I've seen experts on a 125 running with the bigger 4-strokes.  Spend money making your bike 100% mechanically perfect.  Move on to getting your suspension done for your weight and style.  Then move on to some mods such as a 144 kit, pipe, etc.  I love my 144 and I've tried a YZ450, YZ250, KTM250,etc.  I keep going back to my Eric Gorr 2009 YZ144.

You have a great bike that is very competitive. I've seen experts on a 125 running with the bigger 4-strokes. Spend money making your bike 100% mechanically perfect. Move on to getting your suspension done for your weight and style. Then move on to some mods such as a 144 kit, pipe, etc. I love my 144 and I've tried a YZ450, YZ250, KTM250,etc. I keep going back to my Eric Gorr 2009 YZ144.

thanks for the response! I have been thinking about doing a 144 big bore to my bike for a while. Is Eric gorr the way to go? And what is the price like on that?

A 144 makes for a good engine. Itll be much cheaper to keep what you have. If your doing well i dont see any reason to change. ive had a 144 it does pull better than a 125. it still wont be a 250f but itll be better