Valve adjustment issue

I went to adjust the boys crf70s valves (first time to my knowledge) set the "T" to the indent adjusted the top valve ... Which had to come back quite a bit. We to do the bottom .. Oil came out and the "t" was off the indent. No matter how I spin the fly wheel it now rests off the indent. In one turn really far off.. The other harder to turn .. Turn it is off the mark. Adjusted the bottom valve stated it ... Very audible clicking... Help!

Remove the spark plug so that the motor will sit at Top Dead Center. Sounds like you are 180 degrees off. Rotate until both valves are up and closed.

Resolved the value click... Still the fly wheel does not line up the "T" on the indent... They are off no matter how it is turned. Would Adjusting the timing (unbolt the front timing sprocket worm the chain over to match the timing "o" on the proper indent) allow the fly wheel to be reset to the "T" and indent mark? Bike runs but I have to think the timing is affected by the misalignment.

Resolved the value click... Still the fly wheel does not line up the "T" on the indent... They are off no matter how it is turned. Would Adjusting the timing (unbolt the front timing sprocket worm the chain over to match the timing "o" on the proper indent) allow the fly wheel to be reset to the "T" and indent mark? Bike runs but I have to think the timing is affected by the misalignment.

check timing just ot make sure.  it might be off a tooth.  how is it running?  that will indicate of its off or not.