Best way to dry mx boots

Do u guys air dry them or is the a faster way I usually just air dry but it takes awhile

shove newspaper in them...change it out once it starts getting damp..all the while having a fan blowing in them to allow circulation...newspaper or papertowels..but newspaper works the best.

Get a boot drier, they are cheap and work great. It's where I store my riding boots usually but use it for other shoes/boots that get wet throughout the year.

A,

Make yourself a boot dryer stand. Take some PVC pipe fit it together so the boots hang on the two risers (you need to drill some holes in the top cap), then at the bottom cross member tube make sure you have an opening that your shop vac (I have a small unit) hose nozzle will fit and you have yourself a boot dryer rack (I made one that drys 3 pair and 1 pair)

Don :thumbsup:

http://www.peetdryer.com/

Check it, cheap, super effectve and made in the USA, if you can believe that?!

+1 on the peet dryer.

x3 on the peet dryer...no fan no nonsense, works awesome, leave them on overnight, not a "quick dry" solution though if that's what you're after

Do u guys air dry them or is the a faster way I usually just air dry but it takes awhile

I just take a small floor fan, lay the boots down on their sides in front of the fan & let it set overnight w/ the fan running. Drys them out pretty quick that way.

I dry 4 pairs overnight. Slow speed computer fan. Don't want to dry them too fast. If I was only drying one pair I would just buy the one from harbor freight. But my whole family rides and our boots get wet.

photo13_zpsda58cdb5.jpg

I like that manifold. I was looking at building something similar before i bought my peet dryer.

Edited by redhurricane

It cost about $60 to make but like I said I can dry 4 pairs of boots. Also one end is hinged so all the tubes come off and store inside. This way it's easier to pack for out multi day rides

It cost about $60 to make but like I said I can dry 4 pairs of boots. Also one end is hinged so all the tubes come off and store inside. This way it's easier to pack for out multi day rides

How exactly did you do the wiring?  The box and PVC is a no brainer, but I'm curious how you wired the 12V computer fan.  Can you give details?

Very cool.  Thanks so much.  Never knew AC plugged computer fans existed.

They even make one that auto switches between 110 and 220 ACV

I dry 4 pairs overnight. Slow speed computer fan. Don't want to dry them too fast. If I was only drying one pair I would just buy the one from harbor freight. But my whole family rides and our boots get wet.

photo13_zpsda58cdb5.jpg

Cool thing about that is you could use a computer fan and run it off your car/trailer battery if you so desired.... :thinking: might have to build one out of my wife's floor mounted rear heater :busted:

Cool thing about that is you could use a computer fan and run it off your car/trailer battery if you so desired.... :thinking: might have to build one out of my wife's floor mounted rear heater :busted:

Don't dry them too fast.  That's why I have no heat on these. 

Also I wouldn't dry smelly boots in your wifes car.

I made myself one too out of 1 1/2" pvc pipe and a blow dryer I bought at thrift store. On cool setting and low fan, it takes about a half hour to go from soaking wet to dry.