Sign in to follow this  

kibblewhite valve springs

I ordered "performance valve springs, bottoms and keepers" from webcams. Turns out when they arrived they are kibblewhite springs.

Now i know kibblewhite VALVES are risky in drzs. I have ferrea valves so I'm good there.

However, no one has ever specified if the kibble SPRINGS are good or bad.

What do you guys think i should do?

You have um, run um...

Check or have the installer check for bind at full lift

I've had several brands of springs fail on high lift cams.., just a fact when you run um too many hours. 

Hmm okay perhaps the springs themselves are acceptable.

I'm installing myself, how would i check for spring bind?

Hmm okay perhaps the springs themselves are acceptable.

I'm installing myself, how would i check for spring bind?

Check the cam specs, with is the full lobe lift ? Compress the installed valve spring that far and compress until they bind..  check for coil bind,

I've ran them in several motors without any problems. They are good for .440 lift so you shouldn't run into any coil bind issues.

Once you get past .400 lift you are talking frequent spring replacement whatever brand of valve spring you choose....

James would be a good guide to go by...I have never touched anything branded KibbleWhite on a DRZ

Edited by Craigo

I've only got hotcams stage 2 which are about .350 lift. I'm concerned with them not having a nice tapered lobe and slamming the springs a bit.

I'll run the kibble springs for a season and change em to APE in winter.

Also looking for new valve keepers, the valve that got blown on my engine has sketchy looking keepers.

I'm going to go with new oem because i can't find any nice aftermarket keepers.

• Like 1

I've only got hotcams stage 2 which are about .350 lift. I'm concerned with them not having a nice tapered lobe and slamming the springs a bit.

I'll run the kibble springs for a season and change em to APE in winter.

Also looking for new valve keepers, the valve that got blown on my engine has sketchy looking keepers.

I'm going to go with new oem because i can't find any nice aftermarket keepers.

valve cotters should be NEW every time... yes many folks reuse them.... and it's not uncommon for motors to have locks come out of place.  Pays your money takes your chances.

• Like 1