Any tips with improving my turns

Reviewing the video I can see I need to Throttle steady through the turns better .   is there other bits I can work on here ? 
Thanks 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq_Gp11rdYY

Hard to really tell from the video but it looks like you should be putting a little more pressure on the front brake right at apex to keep your front end from skipping out on you like that. Happened a few times in that vid. 

Remember to modulate your clutch when you are gassing hard out of the corner as well. It will keep the back end hooking up instead of kicking out on you. It looks like you would have gotten through a few of those corners pretty quickly if the back end hadn't slid on you. 

Stop planting your foot. Point your toe on the leg thats out at your front tire, it will help you from putting it down. Also, you're sitting way too early. Sit as you get to the apex of the turn and use your weight to load the suspension as you exit the corner on the gas

Besides what the others have said, which is right on the money. Get as far forward as possible (the rear wheel will follow the front).

Head right over the bars.

Get your outside elbow up!

Weight the outside foot peg for more grip, I dig my knee into the tank to get some "leverage" on the peg.

For MX, I found "the lump in the seat" helps you keep forward in the corners. Found it also helps in the starting gate. Factory FX sell seat covers with the extra foam included for the "lump". Or just take it to your local auto trimmers. Make sure you get the "lump" put where it needs to be, don't just randomly place it on the seat.

Edited by AddictedToBling

Hard to really tell from the video but it looks like you should be putting a little more pressure on the front brake right at apex to keep your front end from skipping out on you like that. Happened a few times in that vid. 

Remember to modulate your clutch when you are gassing hard out of the corner as well. It will keep the back end hooking up instead of kicking out on you. It looks like you would have gotten through a few of those corners pretty quickly if the back end hadn't slid on you. 

Yeah Sorry about that .Its a go pro  . I see what your talking about and will definitely keep in mind and practice .I usually nip my clutch  hitting trails to hook up better  and that would of certainly  help here and I see what your talking about with front brake after you mentioned it . There were a few bumps in some corners that about killed every controlled motion I had  I.E . that turn I swapped out . there was a hella bump that when I stayed on it threw me around and off . 

I'm trying to get where I'm at least a competitor in a C class  to race this season .

Edited by xxcody2gunsxx

Stop planting your foot. Point your toe on the leg thats out at your front tire, it will help you from putting it down. Also, you're sitting way too early. Sit as you get to the apex of the turn and use your weight to load the suspension as you exit the corner on the gas

Roger that . I saw that as well reviewing the video . Thought my leg was higher but video doesn't lie and thats why I tried to capture a view from another perspective .

I get what your saying with the sitting in apex but I was attempting to brake early and throttle through the turn . kind of failed though .

Edited by xxcody2gunsxx

Roger that . I saw that as well reviewing the video . Thought my leg was higher but video doesn't lie and thats why I tried to capture a view from another perspective .

I get what your saying with the sitting in apex but I was attempting to brake early and throttle through the turn . kind of failed though .

You can brake hard while standing. I tend to lean back a bit and brake hard with the front to the point that the front tire is on the verge of locking up

Check youtube training videos there great

Edited by Rotaholic

There are some great cornering technique videos available. Gary Semics are very informative (gsmxs.com) Time spent on corner track is time well spent and great conditioning also.

Went back out riding today for a few hours to put in practice all the advice given .

BDubb - using the clutch in turns helped a lot 

aswell as dragging the front brake little if thats what you were implying 

Yellow ketchup - the few times I managed to sit right in the apex it felt great and shot me out of the turn in a controlled manner . Made sure to lifting my leg up to a point I caught my pants on the tip of the radiator shroud  a few times 

Tried this today and could not do it for the life me . I'd get two or three rounds then blow it .

Thanks again for all the advice . its helping . 
Probably not the best day to run more drills  . its my 3rd day straight and I am sore ,blistered and beat .
 next time out will be Sunday . good time to let it all settle in . 

Edited by xxcody2gunsxx

1.  Entry is not very aggressive.  You should be on the gas hard, or on the brakes hard.  You are not quite coasting in...but you are certainly not charging into the corners.  Most of speed in corners is entry. 

2.  Learn to charge corners with your body back while both braking and turning just a bit to hang out of the rear.  All you weight and load from braking should go through your legs and feet to the pegs.  Arms should be LOOSE. 

3.  When you enter a corner braking like this, the front will be more compressed.

4.  When the nose of the bike is down...and you go to sit...you want to keep the nose down.  If you let off the brakes and just plop down...you are unloading the suspension...mainly the front...and then re-loading it suddenly.  Not good.   The front will come up...and then just as you sit it will go light...and the bike wont handle.  Yamahas make you learn to do this well...because the bike does not turn if at all if you let the front unload during transition.  A RMZ will hide flaws in your riding here.   You keep the bike loaded by continuing to lightly use the brakes (mostly rear) in a subtle way as you go from standing to sitting. You have to take you right foot of the peg...and do this ballet dance on the rear brake pedal.  It is at art.

5.  Standing to sitting transition is the most difficult part of cornering.  The goal is to stay at the limit while keeping the loads on the bike smooth.  When you sit...you seem to just be plopping down on the seat...causing the bike to load and unload.  As the bike loads...it corners more and less...causing that out of control cornering oscillation you are getting. 

6.  Your body position once you sit is just all jacked up.  You leg needs to be higher.  As someone noted...point where you want to go with your toes.  Elbow up.  Weighting the outside peg is over rated and way down the list of magic bullets.

You need to start with circle drill to get the exit of the corner solid.  Then work on entering corners hard on the brakes while standing.  Learn to turn and lean the bike while standing back and on the brakes using body position and lean.  It is all in the hips and rear brake.  Once you have entry and exit body position and control automatic...then you can work on the the transition that links the two.  

Edited by Blutarsky

^quality as usual. Semics needs to copy and paste your posts. I will only add that the tires grip better when you smash them into the turns with more speed. When the front skates you go faster.