Ready to buy 2015 YZ250...But have cold feet.

I am all set to buy a 2015 YZ250, but just today, after I rode my 250f, I got cold feet about making the purchase.  I need some positive reinforcement here!  I have ridden Suzuki RMZ 250's for the last four race seasons and I am in love with them, but I think its time for a change.  I rode a buddies 2009 YZ250 for a few laps and I fell in love.  It was for literally two laps, though.  I am putting down consistent lap times in on my RMZ's, but I want something lighter and seemingly more fun.  I've already sold one of my two RMZ's, so I'm kind of half way there already lol.  All I'm looking for is some feedback from guys who own this bike to tell me its alright and that all the arm pump will be worth it at the end of the day because the bike is so fun to ride...

I am racing MX only, just so it is known.  I am a mid pack amateur "B" class rider, in case any of you care.  

I have heard they have light switch power and lose traction often, but I think with the GYTR flywheel, I should be able to smooth her out.  

Edited by 9formula7skidoo

Read what MXA has consistently said for like the last 10years!

I left the 450 behind for mine.  Don't regret it one bit.  I ride mx only, also.  I only get arm pump for about 5 laps.  Take a break, then no arm pump the rest of the day.  I put a 9 oz Steahly on, and its great.  Hooks up and doesn't rev out too quick, but still has that punch.  Of course, I also did some work to the cylinder and sent the head off to RB Designs to be milled and reshaped.  Its the most funnest bike I've ever had.  :p

Besides being fun, parts and knowledge about the bike are plentiful.  Not to mention the suspension.....

Its tough i get where you are coming from. I am riding/racing yz250 and I love it, Sounds like I am the same speed as you.

You wont regret the yz250, I love mine. and READ THE FAQ. Every yz250 box stock benefits from having the stock head fixxed and the timing properly set. if you like the consistency of the rmz250, I suggest a gytr flywheel It will calm it down considerably and make it easier to moto.

I will say its a hard bike to ride fast compared to what you are used to. I was swapping between mine and a friends completely done out 14 kx450 and wow its so much easier to ride.  Still love my yz250 tho!

True.  Little harder to ride fast, but the fun factor makes up for it.  And that 2t sound......music.

Left a 14 crf450 for a 14 yz250 vet mx use. I do miss the torque, but Im really loving being on a 2t again, and no flame outs is nice too.

Well, I think I'm going to continue through with it.  I'm going to make a build project out of it.  I haven't ever built a brand new bike before, so I'm very excited.  

Question: If I chose to run an FMF shorty and a GYTR flywheel weight, will the two parts counteract each other?  I am going for the smoothest power possible.  

Well, I think I'm going to continue through with it.  I'm going to make a build project out of it.  I haven't ever built a brand new bike before, so I'm very excited.  

Question: If I chose to run an FMF shorty and a GYTR flywheel weight, will the two parts counteract each other?  I am going for the smoothest power possible.  

good choice on the new yammi.

and i doubt a shorty will have any effect on a flywheel weight.

Love my '13 YZ 250. It hooks up like a 4 stroke with the GYTR flywheel, G2 Ergo throttle cam, and FMF silencer. You will not reget it one bit. I use it for hare scrambles and trail riding, but it is good on the mx track as well when I don't feel like hauling around the extra 18-20 pounds of my YZ450.

The DEP pipe is the best pipe in my opinion. The stock pipe is much better than the Fatty. Get the head cut, and port the engine. (Did both, best $$$ spent)

I just threw on a GYTR Flywheel weight and I couldn't ask for anything better. I'm running a shorty silencer also, and a Boyesen Rad Valve. VP C12 cut 50/50 with 91 VPower (no ethanol)

I have just bought one and love it!!! I still have both of my 2014 yz450f and 250f... Love them both but the yz250 is Sooo much more fun. I race MX only also, and raced last weekend on both my yz250 and my 450f. I enjoyed the fun of the yz more. I think I will continue to train on both the smoker and the four strokers. When it comes to racing, I haven't decided on which is more competitive!!!

I have a big bore, everything has been done to, it's so smooth and ez to ride and crazy fast if you want to open it up. It's smooth like a giant electric motor, never hits any crazy spots in the power. A real joy to ride from idle up.

I have a 12 KX 250 F and a 2009 YZ 250 2 stroke, I prefer the YZ on all terrain including MX tracks.