Fastcore Mods porting feedback for 2013 crf450

Best $350 I ever spent on a bike. Better yet, it works great with the stock exhaust. Smooth and linear power from idle to a much improved over-rev. I also have a JE 13.5 piston and a generic tune by Fastcore. Rest of the bike is all stock.

It doesn't take much to get the efi motors to run good.  A couple of years back I thought about porting the head & after just a remap & Yosh exhaust on a 10 model it has more than enough power.  As a int. vet mx rider if I want to go faster all I do is twist the throttle more.

Edited by H4L

It doesn't take much to get the efi motors to run good.  A couple of years back I thought about porting the head & after just a remap & Yosh exhaust on a 10 model it has more than enough power.  As a int. vet mx rider if I want to go faster all I do is twist the throttle more.

Honestly, I thought the CRF was a hopeless cause. The real problem for me was the very narrow powerband. The motor is completely different now. Same great low-end coupled with a healthy boost of power into the mid-range and all the way up to the top. No hits, no drop-off in power, just really smooth. I'm also a Vet B MX rider and at our local sand track the power was very apparent. The long sand hills would have the stock motor struggling. Now I can motor up the hills with no issues.

I even went trail riding this week and the porting was perfect fit for the trails. I'm just so happy to finally have a good motor to go with the awesome chassis.

• Like 1

My 13 had crower cut the cylinder($40), cam (219regrind),(remap $80) just under 8hp vs stock.I posted that in 2012 .The u4 fuel added maybe 2 hp still it was cheap and easy and much better motor. Don't you wish you would done it right off the showroom.

never rode it without the milled /cut cylinder(around 13.5-1).Added a ported head and a vortex ecu after that, really added to the upper mid to top(vortex rev limit +500 over stock.The cam added to the middle & top same bottom.I think its close cam vs. porting unless you get something crazy. You add a cam to your mix really good.I have a stage 2 hotcam in my 15 ,I like it better than the crower or the yosh I had.

Honestly, I thought the CRF was a hopeless cause. The real problem for me was the very narrow powerband. The motor is completely different now. Same great low-end coupled with a healthy boost of power into the mid-range and all the way up to the top. No hits, no drop-off in power, just really smooth. I'm also a Vet B MX rider and at our local sand track the power was very apparent. The long sand hills would have the stock motor struggling. Now I can motor up the hills with no issues.

I even went trail riding this week and the porting was perfect fit for the trails. I'm just so happy to finally have a good motor to go with the awesome chassis.

Good deal.  Had a stock 09 / 10 & both motors felt good from bottom - mid, but felt flat up top.  Once you remap the efi models & open up the exhaust it's a whole different bike & actually feel faster than the stock carbed 05-06 models owned.   In my case I only spent $250 for a remap ($50) & a like new used Yosh RS4 TI/TI system off CL  ($200) for the 10 model.   It now has a very strong , but smooth wide usable powerband that pulls from off idle into the higher rpm range.  I have yet to use all the power in 4th gear at any of the local tracks I've ran it at.   Once you get the motor sorted out & redo the suspension they're really excellent light, handling - turning mx bikes.     

Good deal. Had a stock 09 / 10 & both motors felt good from bottom - mid, but felt flat up top. Once you remap the efi models & open up the exhaust it's a whole different bike & actually feel faster than the stock carbed 05-06 models owned. In my case I only spent $250 for a remap ($50) & a like new used Yosh RS4 TI/TI system off CL ($200) for the 10 model. It now has a very strong , but smooth wide usable powerband that pulls from off idle into the higher rpm range. I have yet to use all the power in 4th gear at any of the local tracks I've ran it at. Once you get the motor sorted out & redo the suspension they're really excellent light, handling - turning mx bikes.

I actually got to ride both my 2013 and my buddies 2006 stock crf this week. we both agree that the 06 motor is inferior to the 13 after porting.

never rode it without the milled /cut cylinder(around 13.5-1).Added a ported head and a vortex ecu after that, really added to the upper mid to top(vortex rev limit +500 over stock.The cam added to the middle & top same bottom.I think its close cam vs. porting unless you get something crazy. You add a cam to your mix really good.I have a stage 2 hotcam in my 15 ,I like it better than the crower or the yosh I had.

if I want to go nuts I'll add cam and exhaust. but I'm happy now so no need. I was after more topend and got it. I may still go yosh exhaust since I need to spend 250 on end caps for sparkys anyways.

I had a yosh system on my 1st 13, the fmf single is better, had it on my 2nd 13 and, now on my 15. fmfs build quality is almost as good as the yosh stuff compared to past years fmf. Its lighter ,makes more power and I think cheaper,and a sparky.I don't think you can get a sparky on the yosh for 13-15.

I had a yosh system on my 1st 13, the fmf single is better, had it on my 2nd 13 and, now on my 15. fmfs build quality is almost as good as the yosh stuff compared to past years fmf. Its lighter ,makes more power and I think cheaper,and a sparky.I don't think you can get a sparky on the yosh for 13-15.

what about the fmf powercore single?

Even cheaper, I think they flow the same , I had the cash so I did everything . Get it and give a up date vs stock. I  have full system, I'm  too lazy to try stock header vs fmf power bomb. fmf gives you a flat side plate for the left side..