Someone getting called out on craigslist CR ad

That's funny lol. I some how missed that one...Glad someone called dude out though

I was browsing craigslist and came across this....

Kudos to the poster for calling someone out on trying to waste peoples time!

http://rockford.craigslist.org/mcy/4991946763.html

Good to see.  To many dishonest flakes on CL...

I had a similar experience with a kx250 one time. Guy swore it was a great bike and that it was "ported with a fresh top end". Should have known better.

He had a bunch of bikes in his garage.

Took about 20+ kicks to get anything. Thought I was gonna get a piston up the ass...

No killswitch, just dangling wires.

Not even a freakin gas cap. He had the cap of some aerosol can where the gas cap should be.

Some weird duct tape setup on the rear caliper.

Oil looked like black water.

Of course it had fresh new monster energy graphics though... none of this was stated in the ad.

Made the 2 1/2 hour drive home empty handed. Wouldnt have taken that bike home if it were $20. Freakin CL...

I had a similar experience with a kx250 one time. Guy swore it was a great bike and that it was "ported with a fresh top end". Should have known better.

Took about 20+ kicks to get anything. Thought I was gonna get a piston up the ass...

Not even a freakin gas cap. He had the cap of some aerosol can where the gas cap should be.

Of course it had fresh new monster energy graphics though... none of this was stated in the ad.

Made the 2 1/2 hour drive home empty handed. Wouldnt have taken that bike home if it were $20. Freakin CL...

You still came out ahead. :thumbsup: You donated 5 hours of your life to NOT own that pile of crap. It would have taken hundreds of hours to make it right. 

So sad to see bikes, among many things in life, get so neglected. Its like buying a race horse that won the derby and just putting it in your backyard with no food or water until one day it rots away and dies...

Craigslist is so sketchy sometimes. Funny how every single bike on CL has a fresh top end huh? Im thankful for those who post buyer beware warnings!

had a laugh on this one, so true that people actually think their junk is worth more than $50.

and yeah, i never believe the fresh rebuilt crap, usually it ends up as i rebuilt it at the beginning of last season and rode it hard for 60 hours....yeah that's fresh :facepalm:

I had a similar thing last year before I bought my current CR

I drove 5 hours though!  I wanted to punch the guy in the face because I specifically said "is this bike the way you are stating it is because I'm driving 5 hours and don't want to waste my time".

I think he wanted $1400 for it.  Needed wheel bearings, rejetted (maybe that was the least of the problem), leaking oil, missing bolts.....I offered the guy $800 for it and he said the best I can do is $1300.  I laughed and said thanks for wasting my time.  I really only offered him the $800 because I drove so far but thats all it was worth.  I'm actually glad he turned it down.  I went to a Wal Mart parking lot afterwards and looked a CL, and my current bike was just posted a few hours prior.  It was about 45 minutes from my house!!  Way better bike all around.