Plastic shreads in clutch case ?

Was getting ready to split my case (1997 YZ125) and found this little white piece of plastic along with these shreadings. It's not the water pump gear or the plastic piece inside the kicker spring. Any ideas ?

Whoops...forgot the pics.

1430356141374.jpg

1430356156374.jpg

1430356170033.jpg

Possibly from the crank stuffers?

How do crank stuffers get into the case?

Check that plastic gear on the water pump real good. I can't think of anything else that is plastic. Original owner?

How do crank stuffers get into the case?

Check that plastic gear on the water pump real good. I can't think of anything else that is plastic. Original owner?

Not the water pump, not the original owner.....whoever owned it before me was a REAL jackass, no telling what this "nut job" did !  :confused:

Thanks though...just gonna continue on, can't think of anything either.

I once had a piece of plastic come out of a new bottle of oil I was pouring into a car motor.  I happened to see it plop right out, and fortunately it was easy to fish out without removing the valve cover.  The fact that you found it in the clutch area suggests it was from external sources.  

I've split a variety of cases over the years and other then water pump or occasionally kick starter mechanism stuff, I can't think of anything that is plastic.

Yep, I would just continue and not worry about it. Clean, clean, clean and inspect everything. Check bearing holders also. I can't think of any whit ones but you did say "JACKASS"..