Crf230f too lean. Help

2009 crf230f. Starts right up but takes forever to warm up. I ride it and it pings when I let of the gas. I have a trail tech installed a day temp hit 400 degrees plus. I just ordered the extended fuel screw but I think I might need a different jet. Any suggestions?

my first thought is a intake leak , but give us some more info .   have you had the bike for a bit ?  what is the current jetting ?    there are many here to help .

your age , wrenching time .  (spelling)    .  there are a number of things that could cause this .   help us help you .

2009 crf230f. Starts right up but takes forever to warm up. I ride it and it pings when I let of the gas. I have a trail tech installed a day temp hit 400 degrees plus. I just ordered the extended fuel screw but I think I might need a different jet. Any suggestions?

I have the same bike and year. What your jetting? You should be around 120MJ, 45 pilot, 3rd clip.

Well first things first. Make sure your temp gauge is set up in the right location. Exhaust manifold temps can reach over 1000F so 400 is normal in some locations. Make sure your oil is full and rule out a faulty temp gauge with one you know is correct or test it on boiling water (I think 212). Typical symptoms of a lean motor are backfiring on deceleration and hanging idle.

Take a pic of the spark plug with flash on and tip of plug almost pointing directly at the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

120 main jet

45 Pilot jet

4th clip

Remove exhaust baffle

Remove air box snorkel

91 octane pump gas

400!  Wow!  You didn't remove the intake restrictor without rejetting did you?

I just order a 120 main jet. 45 pilot jet and the extended fuel screw. I'll keep everyone updated.

waiting for 120+45 set the stock fuel screw at 2.5turns from closed. it will make a noticeable difference

Edited by 30x26