More 4T skid plate options. TMD Installed!

This plate is freeking bad to the bone! Bolted right up with 5 mounting points. Less than 15 minutes from package to install. Easy access to all the mount brackets and holes for both oil drains. Looks like really good coverage. I'm very pleased with it. My Beta is now ready for summer rockfest!!

100_4611_zpsml8ksjg7.jpg

100_4610_zpszun1mz2b.jpg

100_4605_zpslvpnixta.jpg

Image%207_zpscwgyqup7.jpg

Be careful of the frame members that go over to the foot pegs.  Mine got dented by rocks running the TMD plate.  I have an EE aluminum one now that guards that area nicely. 

Be careful of the frame members that go over to the foot pegs.  Mine got dented by rocks running the TMD plate.  I have an EE aluminum one now that guards that area nicely. 

I'm not worried too much about that area. It's already pretty beat up. It looks like it's covered pretty well. I've already snapped off a footpeg in the rocks a few seasons back. Nothing protects better than a nice thick aluminum plate. I just can't stand the noise they make. When you think about it nothing is safe when running hard in  the rocks.

file_zps85ff6785.jpg

It still blows my mind that I ran my Beta fully bagged up up the Malcom smith trail. I felt every bit of the 325+ pounds of Beta and crap strapped to it!

file_zps31927ca0.jpg

Surprisingly, My Factory Beta carbon fiber plate held up really well until it finally wore through at the frame rails. 

This is the issue with TMD...and the fact that it eventually split.

TZZufuZl.jpg

I was like you and didn't like the noise of the alu plates so tried the poly ones for a few years.  But after a few failures I have gone back to alu.  To combat the noise I put rubber strips down where the plate contacts the frame.  No more noise. 

The EE gives more protection in the frame area mentioned

EESkid_zpsdbfeb739.jpg

This is the issue with TMD...and the fact that it eventually split.

TZZufuZl.jpg

I was like you and didn't like the noise of the alu plates so tried the poly ones for a few years.  But after a few failures I have gone back to alu.  To combat the noise I put rubber strips down where the plate contacts the frame.  No more noise. 

The EE gives more protection in the frame area mentioned

EESkid_zpsdbfeb739.jpg

Thank you for the pictures. I don't blame you!! There is no denying that aluminum offers the best protection.

Since I already have the TMD I'll give it a shot. Add that to the fact I'm a slow dude, I'm hoping it will be fine. Funny thing is I went from aluminum using tube and foam to keep noise down, to carbon fiber, back to aluminum. I'm now trying out the poly ones. These Betas run a really hard life! 

Get Dirties race bikes and my buddy are running the Hyde and those seem to be holding up pretty well. The 300 finished the King Of Motos a few months back with that setup.

IMG_0516_zps194fa34a.jpg

100_4062_zpsd802a2b9.jpg

100_4061_zps3fd91e2d.jpg

100_4063_zpsc88c2a1c.jpg

Likes and dislikes of the carbon fiber. I still have it and will build it up with fiberglass one of these days....

Covers the frame rails really well

IMG_20140615_120521_zps078188bd.jpg

Does not cover so well in front of linkage. I have rock scrapes but no major damage

IMG_0380_zpsf2ee2934.jpg

Here is Georges at Uptite. Work of art. Not my style but a lot of guys like it.

t666_7ff8d5d503513beaa9df91547883e3de_zp

t700_x1_7ff8d5d503513beaa9df91547883e3de

Edited by ballisticexchris

Has anyone tried the EE Alu Skid Plate on an X-Trainer?  Got a picture?  One of the Hawaiian contingent said his dealer fit one.  I'd really like to see it.  The EE plate looks very stout...

24-400.jpg

I have the Uptite skid plate. I also ran the Uptite plate on all of my Huskys. Uptite makes GOOD STUFF!

Malhusky