Sign in to follow this  

Rear brakes acting like vid grips?!?!

So last week I had my bike all apart and I was in the process of cuting my spokes and I had to wait a week for them to come in, so I finally trued up the rear wheel and got it pretty good but as I am putting the bike back together I noticed the rotor won't go into the pads. The pads where tightly closed. So u took the pads off and the rear caliper off the hose and used vise grips to puting the piston back in, ( I also put new fluid on it) I put it together and now when u press on the brake it squeezes the pads and it won't move until it use the vise grips so I and confused, the rear brake has been dangling off the swing arm for a week lol and I had the bike on a shitty stand and it fell over on the brake side, did I brake the hose? BTW it's a cr250 2002

Honestly coming from an x racer, your rear brake is useless. In fact, all you need is the front brake. Slowing down is what makes your lap times slower

I would still want a rear brake just in case my front one goes

Are you saying the brake won't close while it's dangling off the bike? Because it won't...If I think I know what you're saying then all you're doing is extending the piston in the caliper.

It will never return by itself

Put the caliper back on the swing arm with the wheel installed so you have a rotor inside the pads. Then check if you have brakes.

And instead of taking the caliper off the hose just crack open the bleeder valve...

Let me know if you have more questions

Honestly coming from an x racer, your rear brake is useless. In fact, all you need is the front brake. Slowing down is what makes your lap times slower

I really hope that's sarcasm...