Sign in to follow this  

2006 YZ250 Eric Gorr 295 Kit and Rekluse Clutch

Just got my 2006 YZ250 back from getting a Eric Gorr 295 Mid/Top Kit and Rekluse 3.0 Clutch. I got a new Fatty Pipe and Turbine core also. I have cruised it around the street and it is fast. It is detonating a bit so I may mix some race gas. Anyone have this problem?

PART_1429725232273_20150422_105143.jpg

20150416_095050.jpg

Edited by 68GTconvert

Mine was set up for pump gas, but when I checked the squish it needed to be re-cut.  I sent it back to them and they recut the head for me.  The big bore was purchased by the previous owner, and I have no idea if he measured the squish when he had it done originally.  It was off by a pretty good bit when I checked it.

• Like 2

Damn I just got it done and tuned right. I really don't want to take it back apart. Maybe I have to, if some added race fuel doesn't do the trick.

Edited by 68GTconvert

Mine was set up for pump gas, but when I checked the squish it needed to be re-cut.  I sent it back to them and they recut the head for me.  The big bore was purchased by the previous owner, and I have no idea if he measured the squish when he had it done originally.  It was off by a pretty good bit when I checked it.

Did they fix it for free?

I hear those kits love the race fuel. Try 25 percent at start. in Canada, we pay 130$ plus for 5 gallons of C12. I paid 38$ for 110 VP @ the pump in St. Anthony @ the dunes.

Edited by Tony211
  • Like 1

I bought a couple of gallons of race fuel a few weeks back, but haven't tried it yet. I need to burn up what's left in my bike and in my gas can, which should happen tomorrow.

• Like 1

I got a EG295 a few months back. I didn't like the head either so I sent mine out to cycle playground. The guy is a guru on KTM 300 motors but he knows how to tune the EG295 kit pretty well. The bike now pulls in every part of the powerband.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments. So try 25% race gas added to pump gas at first? I have it running great all through the power band right now so I am going to try the race gas first so i don't have to take it apart again.

Check the squish first....that needs to be right no matter what.  It's good to know what you have before you waste too much time chasing other solutions.

hows the timing?

I bought the Rekluse 3.0 and returned it.  I like the hit on the bottom and with the auto clutch, it went away

Just got my motor back from Millennium Technologies, second time I sent the entire motor to them, they did the full WR tranny install, new crank, seals and bearings and fixed powervalve leak.  Complete turnaround was less than 2 weeks!!!!  I have never had a problem with them 

BTY, its Calif Street Legal

• Like 1

Check the squish first....that needs to be right no matter what.  It's good to know what you have before you waste too much time chasing other solutions.

What's the procedure to check the squish and what numbers am I looking for?

hows the timing?

I bought the Rekluse 3.0 and returned it.  I like the hit on the bottom and with the auto clutch, it went away

Just got my motor back from Millennium Technologies, second time I sent the entire motor to them, they did the full WR tranny install, new crank, seals and bearings and fixed powervalve leak.  Complete turnaround was less than 2 weeks!!!!  I have never had a problem with them 

BTY, its Calif Street Legal

Yeah this is my first Rekluse clutch so I am going to give it a try. Seems pretty hard hitting so far. My motor has been gone through a few years ago and has a new crank and bearing etc. It still looks great inside. Cali legal sounds nice. BTW I didn't check the timing. Not sure how to do that.

Edited by 68GTconvert

I hear those kits love the race fuel.

Yes it seems so. I believe this is because the squish clearance is set too wide and head dome volume too low, or spark timing is too advanced.