Do you balance 18"/21" dirt bike wheels?

I've converted my 1995 KLX250R for the road.  One of the last things to do is replace the very aggressive knobbies with something more appropriate for the road.  I was going to buy new tires and swap them out myself but then I was wondering if I should have the wheels balanced.  I get a slight bounce/vibration in the front while on the road.  Assuming its the knobbies but could it also be an unbalanced wheel?

Any suggestions on tires too?  Rear is 18", front 21".

Thanks.

Yes, of course.

My 94 does the same thing.

Get the front tire off the ground and spin it and let it stop and see if there's a heavy spot in the rim......I'll bet it's at the rim lock if you have one. Also check for warp both side to side and up down. If it's rim lock side heavy, either get sticky strip weights for opposite side of lock....or leave it out if your not to hard off road with it.

Mines only slight bounce around 40 mph, so I live with it till next tire change, but I'm gonna leave the lock out and try that.....only on the front though, never leave the rear out.....it's a sure fail.

Dirt bike = no.  Dual sport bike = yes.

You need to balance both front and rear wheels, especially if you are running a single rim lock.

Does anyone know what the widest rear dual sport tire dimension that will fit on my 1995 KLX250?  Right now I have a very aggressive knobby 110/100-18.  I was looking at a Pirelli 150/70-18 70/30 dual sport tire.

I balance the front.

I was looking at the Shinko 705 series tires.  I can't seem to find a 21" for the front that's a tube type.  Can I go with the tubeless front tire on my dirt bike rim?

Does anyone know what the widest rear dual sport tire dimension that will fit on my 1995 KLX250? Right now I have a very aggressive knobby 110/100-18. I was looking at a Pirelli 150/70-18 70/30 dual sport tire.

The 150 would be way too wide for the rim, I would go 110, maybe look at SM wheels to swap on.

The 705 21" tube works just fine.  I have them on a DS bike and run tubes.  No issues at all.  Don't plan to ride any mud with them.  They do great everywhere but mud.

150 would be way too wide and would rob power from the wimpy little 250.  A 130 should fit with no issues.