Sign in to follow this  

Pricing

Ok, So I have a 2009 CRF450X and its a great bike, I really like it. BUT.. I am really thinking of going back to a 2 stroke. Looking at a KTM 250/300 XCW or a Husqvarna TE300. I would have to sell my bike first but am looking for some opinions on pricing. Bike has always been well maintained, dont know the exact amount of hours on it, I am religeous on cleaning the air filter and chainging the oil and checking valves. Runs amazing.

2009 CRF450x

Tusk Street legal kit.

Washington Plated - Street legal

2008 CRF450R Cam

Full FMF exhaust - Powercore 4.1 Ti with FMF powerbomb header.

90W DC - Trail Tech stator

Brand new Maxxis Desert IT rear tire

Brand new Dunlop Geomax MX52 Front tire

Has a GRP steering stabilizer but I would remove that for the next bike.

Radiator Braces.

Airbox is opend up and has the smog block off stuff.

IMG_0141.JPG

Only pictures I have of it right now are of it dirty

IMG_0142.JPG

Edited by ZeroG56

Describe runs "amazing" please. I don't think since 1864 since the first modern internal combustion engine was invented have the term "runs amazing" been used to accurately describe an engine doing exactly what it was designed to do. Amazing is adjective used to describe something causing great surprise or sudden wonder. If this bike engine running is amazing, you've got problems my friend, because that would suggest by all counts it shouldn't.

Describe runs "amazing" please. I don't think since 1864 since the first modern internal combustion engine was invented have the term "runs amazing" been used to accurately describe an engine doing exactly what it was designed to do. Amazing is adjective used to describe something causing great surprise or sudden wonder. If this bike engine running is amazing, you've got problems my friend, because that would suggest by all counts it shouldn't.

I've worked on plenty of bikes that I have been amazed that they even run...maybe that's what he means?? :)

If this was a competition for &%$#@! comments, you sir are probably going to win. Please troll elsewhere.

As for pricing, you need to ask yourself how much are you willing to take for the bike, then go from there. If you truly want to sell or need to will make the difference. Also, see what they are going for in your area. Everywhere is different. At least you have a starting point... You can always go a little high then work down or ask for what you will take and see who bites.

Good luck.

• Like 1

If this was a competition for &%$#@! comments, you sir are probably going to win. Please troll elsewhere.

Get used to it.

He is the most negative poster I have every seen.  Never helps anyone.

• Like 1

FWIW, I just bought a 2009 CRF450X from a friend of mine a couple months ago, it was in like mint condition (stored for 3 years) very low hours but bone stock...I paid $4700 (Canadian) for it. Personally I think it was a steal. I think it should have gone for a couple grand more, but that just my opinion.

• Like 1

I bought an 06 in 2010 for $2900 and have ridden the crap out of it.  Baja three times plus many more miles.  I just bought a 2012 for $4800 that is in mint condition, but had to ship it from TX to NV which cost an extra $350, so feel I that I over paid for the 2012 in comparison.  However, I plan on selling the 2006 for $3300 but would take $2500 and be pretty pleased with the big picture.

IMHO, it seems that lots of people are looking for that orange color bike therefore their prices are retaining higher values compared with the 450x.  Even though the X is a great bike newer models won't hold there values as well as the orange bike but it seems that the bottom of the X market is about $2500.   

I think you could get an easy $4k with the right buyer.

How many times have you had to make adjustments to the valves and how frequent? 

Do you have an estimated hours or mileage?

If I was a potential buyer, I see upcoming head work.

Edited by MSFIT