Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki LT 250 throttle cable question

I'm running a twist throttle on a 1989 LT250 and the cable is all gunked up. Can I get a stock length cable, or do I need to get a different cable for it? I don't know if the one on there right now is stock or aftermarket.

Thanks ahead of time!

I'm running a twist throttle on a 1989 LT250 and the cable is all gunked up. Can I get a stock length cable, or do I need to get a different cable for it? I don't know if the one on there right now is stock or aftermarket.

Thanks ahead of time!

Im pretty sure its the same length as stock. I would order one but make sure you can return it if its not right.

Im pretty sure its the same length as stock. I would order one but make sure you can return it if its not right.

Thanks for the reply. I'll probably just take the current cable into a shop and see what cable matches up.

BTW, do you know if the handle bar brake lever controlled front and rear brakes at the same time, stock? When I took the plastics and tank off I found the end of an extra brake cable up next to the handle bars. I traced it back to the rear caliper. I'm a dirtbike guy, so I don't know what the norm is for braking schemes with quads.

Thanks for the reply. I'll probably just take the current cable into a shop and see what cable matches up.

BTW, do you know if the handle bar brake lever controlled front and rear brakes at the same time, stock? When I took the plastics and tank off I found the end of an extra brake cable up next to the handle bars. I traced it back to the rear caliper. I'm a dirtbike guy, so I don't know what the norm is for braking schemes with quads.

I think it does. Is there two spots for cables on the lever? I know on my Blaster it had that but most people took it off because it was meant to be used as a parking brake.

I think it does. Is there two spots for cables on the lever? I know on my Blaster it had that but most people took it off because it was meant to be used as a parking brake.

It looks like someone replaced the lever, because there's no open space for it. No parking brake either, so that must be it!

alright, anything else your wondering?

Nope, everything else is just normal 2-stroke issues haha. Thanks man!

What kind of 2 stroke problems?

Reeds, plugged up carb, fouled plug, sticky clutch, rusty coolant, silencer packing is gone. The usual stuff for a dunes ridden bike that's been sitting un-covered in a barn for 5+ years.