2002 CR80 Project

Recently bought my wife her first bike, a 2002 Honda CR80.  She's a little tall for it but I want her to have something that is light weight as she's a twig. 

Bike was on a farm its entire life and was not taken care of at all. This thing was disgusting= perfect project for me. 

Washed it before I even rode it. It was that bad. 

IMG_1200_zpsztiegjip.jpg

IMG_1204_zpswupvqitg.jpg

IMG_1205_zpsmxaacjjq.jpg

IMG_1210_zpscsjhxsda.jpg

IMG_1211_zps5f6bbkfe.jpg

IMG_1212_zpsq76eyxzk.jpg

Now for the problem, when I drained the oil it looks like coolant. I have never seen oil this white.

IMG_1281_zps140dmvvl.jpg

I gave the bike fresh oil/coolant and some kind of liquid was leaking from here:

IMG_1282_zpshebnqelp.jpg

Ideas?  The bike runs great, starts easy, and is almost all original even down to the Honda zip ties. 

IMG_1283_zps48i320ii.jpg

convert it to the 19" front wheel and the 16" back wheel and it will fit her perfect.  I love these little bikes, wish I could have kept my 01 after my son grew out of it.  Mine had an Eric Gorr big bore kit on it with low/mid porting and a 10oz flywheel weight and that was an awesome motor.  Had a ton of low end torque but still had all the top end it had before the bb kit and porting.  The flywheel weight smoothed it out nice and got the power to the ground.  It would walk 150r's and weighted 50lbs less.

Edited by frdbtr

Anyone?

And yes, we planned on expert wheels once she gets the hang of it. She can ride a ct70 but this is an entirely different beast.

If you are asking about the white oil, it could have gotten water in there from anywhere while sitting.  I would fill it with fresh oil, ride it for a couple hours and drain it again, if it is white again, you most likely have a water pump seal that needs replaced.  if it is clean, you are good.  Keep an eye on the radiator level just to be safe. 

If you are asking about the white oil, it could have gotten water in there from anywhere while sitting.  I would fill it with fresh oil, ride it for a couple hours and drain it again, if it is white again, you most likely have a water pump seal that needs replaced.  if it is clean, you are good.  Keep an eye on the radiator level just to be safe. 

Thank you!  We are going to ride it today for the first time so I will update with what we find. 

Water pump seal has blown - change it ASAP as water doesn't lubricated the transmission.

Also do a top end ASAP if the bike was a farm bike. Along with new air filter.