2015 suspension settings

Hey guys, i have a 2015 KX450f and i need a little help getting the suspension dialed in. So far I'm very pleased with the suspension, but i know with a few adjustments it could be better yet. Most of the tracks around here are fairly sandy, and i weigh 180 lbs. I've looked on several forums and there's not a whole lot of info out there. If you could just reply with your current settings it might help point me in the right direction.

I'd like to know:

-Inner, outer, and balance chamber pressures

-Clicker positions for forks and rear shock

-Handlebar position

-Fork height

-Sag

-Rider weight, track type

-Any aftermarket suspension parts you would recommend 

177/7/177

fc 14

fr 13

sc 14

sr 13

hsc 2

forks are at the stock height, 5mm

sag 104

handlebars are protaper henry/reed bend. pushed slightly forward of the zero mark

I have Enzo revalve. Feels pretty good. Factory connection feels good too but is softer than the enzo .

I ride az. tracks. They start out soft but quickly get down to the base which is hardpack.

180/0/185

fc 8

fr 7

sc 16

sr 4

hsc 2

forks are at the stock height, 10mm

sag 100

* note - have a ride engineering rear link.

Keep in mind guys factory connection revalve for off-road. This is what I had to do to make it work for motocross tracks that I ride in Washington state. It might have been on this site another guy was running little or no pressure in the outer chamber, it does address the harshness inherent to the fork. You get rid of the harshness by running zero outer chamber pressure but you give up a little bit on bottoming control. For me getting rid of the harshness was worth it. I compensated for the bottoming control by running more inner air pressure and higher compression.

Dig and read everything you can about these forks. It's taking me around 20 hours of riding to get them where I am 80% happy.

This Showa shock is the best ever in my opinion, The forks are super super finicky, or maybe it's the rider! Haha

From my experience so far when you put any pressure in the outer chamber it makes the forks super harsh. I run 175/0/175

Thanks for the recommendations guys. So far the best settings I've found for me are:

165 / 7.25 / 165

Comp 10

Rebound 13

Forks lowered 5mm

Handle bars in the rear middle position

Shock rebound 10

Low comp 14

High comp 2.5 turns

Sag 105

I'm not sure how the suspension changes if the air pressure ratio stays the same. For example what's the difference if I'm running 165/7.25/165 or 175/7.25/175?

I guess the only real problem I'm having is it keeps wanting to stand up and climb out of ruts or feels like the front end is going to wash out. Also the front feels really twitchy at higher speeds.

Any advice?

Edited by kawi48d16

How do you get 7.25 psi ?

.5 bar = 7.25 psi. Just tryin to keep the units the same for y'all 

Edited by kawi48d16

I was thinking you had a gauge that went down to 0.25psi lol

Sounds like the rear is a bit soft in compression or rebound or both ,and it's allowing too move chassis movement ,then the front is not able to steer correctly

Thanks for the recommendations guys. So far the best settings I've found for me are:

165 / 7.25 / 165

Comp 10

Rebound 13

Forks lowered 5mm

Handle bars in the rear middle position

Shock rebound 10

Low comp 14

High comp 2.5 turns

Sag 105

I'm not sure how the suspension changes if the air pressure ratio stays the same. For example what's the difference if I'm running 165/7.25/165 or 175/7.25/175?

I guess the only real problem I'm having is it keeps wanting to stand up and climb out of ruts or feels like the front end is going to wash out. Also the front feels really twitchy at higher speeds.

Any advice?

get the longer linkage mate it stops the bike from standing up in corners etc... I had the same problem and that fix it for me..also shock setting maybe too stiff back the comp and rebound off a click or two..

Yeah that's going to be my next purchase. I was going to buy the Pro Circuit linkage, unless anyone recommends a different brand for some reason....?

Yeah that's going to be my next purchase. I was going to buy the Pro Circuit linkage, unless anyone recommends a different brand for some reason....?

that's the one I got its excellent highly recommended. when I went to change the Pro Circuit one with the Oem one I thought that I was a little ripped off, only a mm deferent in them both and nearly identical except for the gold colour on the PC one. Anyway change it out and the difference was noticeable straight away no more standing up or blowing off the back of berms the thing just tracks so well its not funny.

You will find that the bike will sit lower  standing up with no one on it by quite a lot, also I found it had no impact at all with my SAG what so ever which I thought was strange.

Once again 10/10 for the PC linkage I would recommend to anyone

Edited by pistolfreo

Awesome, thanks pistolfreo. I'm buying one right now haha.

I just broke in my brand new 15 450f today. Shock worked great. Forks need a little work. Felt good except for the little breaking bumps. Adding some to the balance chamber seemed to help. I started off with stock setting. I think i finished with 145/7.5/135. I just need to play with it more

that's the one I got its excellent highly recommended. when I went to change the Pro Circuit one with the Oem one I thought that I was a little ripped off, only a mm deferent in them both and nearly identical except for the gold colour on the PC one. Anyway change it out and the difference was noticeable straight away no more standing up or blowing off the back of berms the thing just tracks so well its not funny.

You will find that the bike will sit lower  standing up with no one on it by quite a lot, also I found it had no impact at all with my SAG what so ever which I thought was strange.

Once again 10/10 for the PC linkage I would recommend to anyone

FYi - kawi sells an oem "optional" linkage that is 1mm longer than stock. It is even listed in the owners manual as an optional part. It's way cheaper than the PC link. Even if you buy bearings and seals (like I did) it's still about half the cost.

FYi - kawi sells an oem "optional" linkage that is 1mm longer than stock. It is even listed in the owners manual as an optional part. It's way cheaper than the PC link. Even if you buy bearings and seals (like I did) it's still about half the cost.

I been contemplating that optional oem one myself. You guys have any problem with tire rubbing after install?????Heard a few grumblings about that but i dont think it was those particular links. Also Factory connection gave me some fork settings last week to try out on stock forks. Way way better then what i was running from some of the other guys

I wish i knew about that oem linkage a week ago! Oh well, i got the PC one and it seems to be a little better. Not a huge difference like some people reported, but it definitely settled the rear end down a bit. 

What settings did Factory Connection recommend? Just curious

I wish i knew about that oem linkage a week ago! Oh well, i got the PC one and it seems to be a little better. Not a huge difference like some people reported, but it definitely settled the rear end down a bit. 

What settings did Factory Connection recommend? Just curious

so bear in mind this for a 180lb vet B rider mx only

FORKS: Air =174/10/180

comp=10 , rebound=12 ,5mm fork height

SHOCK: low speed =13 , high speed= 2.5 , rebound= 11,  sag=105mm

how much do you think it lowers it??? Thats my biggest grip is how tall it is. My 250 fit like a glove. This 450 feels like it atleast a inch higher

I didnt measure it, but not much. Maybe a half inch if i had to guess. 

Also i found this again... http://issuu.com/541marketing/docs/2015_teamgreennews page 21 has suspension settings recommendations from Team Green. That's what i based my current settings off of and it was night and day waaay better.