Sign in to follow this  

125 Main Jet in an FCR carb?

I pulled out my buddies main jet today because his bike runs perfect everywhere, and saw it was a 125.... We live at 10,000ft above sea level and his bike runs great at 10,000ft, 6,000 ft, and 12,000ft! I have a 152 Main in my FCR carb and it runs fine but I still have a bit of deceleration popping. My needle is stock and 2nd slot from top. Stock Pilot. Should I go 147 or maybe 142? Im just confused cause 152 is what is recommended.

Thanks guys!

Oh and I have a 2008 KTM 450SXF

Main has nothing to do with closed throttle decel popping

That is pilot and fuel screw and/or air leaks do to poor maintenece of the hot start or exhaust.

If your buddy never opens the thottle Wide Open, then a 125 main would feel about the same as a 152..........

But I'd bet money it's not a 125.........it's probably a 155 poorly stamped.

Does the jet have the funny little Keihin 'K' stamped in it?

If it doesn't, then the jet size number is meaningless, as it could be a Mikuni or a Dyno brand jet......

Main has nothing to do with closed throttle decel popping

That is pilot and fuel screw and/or air leaks do to poor maintenece of the hot start or exhaust.

If your buddy never opens the thottle Wide Open, then a 125 main would feel about the same as a 152..........

But I'd bet money it's not a 125.........it's probably a 155 poorly stamped.

Does the jet have the funny little Keihin 'K' stamped in it?

If it doesn't, then the jet size number is meaningless, as it could be a Mikuni or a Dyno brand jet......

Yeah it says AB125 on it. Of coarse its the pilot, cause the throttle is closed. I dont know why that never hit me..... Thanks KRANNIE