Sign in to follow this  

Hole in motor

My buddy has a 93 tw200 he hit a rock and put a hole on his case.... besides replacing the side what else should he do.....

I had the case on my Yamaha Warrior welded up by one of the welders at work. The place I used to work literally has some of the best TIG welders in the country. It cost me a case of beer.

The weld was a work of art.

I am a proficient TIG welder but am hst an engineer. This made sense to get one of the experts to do.

My buddy has a 93 tw200 he hit a rock and put a hole on his case.... besides replacing the side what else should he do.....

Center case or side case? Center case, at least take a very good look at everything. Well side case too.

Uh, a skid plate is a good idea also.

Exactly what part of the engine are you referring to? Main case, clutch cover, stator cover?

We used JB weld one time it worked I don't know how long it last cause my buddy traded a sound system for a warrior and then the guys dad wanted the 4 wheeler back lol........ We didn't argue with the guy