Xtrainer v. 250RR or 300RR

This is for comparison only.  I don't want my bike is better than your bike (they're Betas...both good).  I would just like to compare the two, their advantages and disadvantages and see how we can make both bikes better.  Also comparisons riding each of them in different types of terrain.

• Like 2

You have aftermarket product for a RR.

Nothing is really out for the XT

Idk .... I just went to our local dealer and saw an xtrainer with all kinds of goodies on it.. carbon fiber guards, radiator guards.. blah blah blah getting set up. I figure there's enough cross over from the rr to start plus there was an notification of a bunch of accessories that came from betausa in an email. The one I saw today had more stuff on it than my 15' 300rr had being set up. It's brand new . There will be more than enough goodies in a very short time.. The rr had 3 yrs of being out. From everyone's account so far the bike is a home run grand slam winner of a bike. The suspension is good.. the motor is good.. the bike turns and hooks up and is super easy to ride.. and most of all people are having fun on it. I think it's going to be even more popular  here when more people get to ride their friends xtrainer ... I'm hearing of guys riding it in the parking lot and going and getting full payment checks to buy.. My dealer ordered a flock of xtrainers and I think all of them are sold...if not it will be.. the buzz about the bike is out there.. and it's just the start. Now for me I'm done and all good with my 300rr. They are all great... :excuseme:  :banana:  .. I don't know when I'll ever get to ride an xtrainer.. I'm not worried though.. my 300rr fits me better I think.. but it would suck to ride it and want one.. I don't think so though. The full size rr fits me well.. the xtrainer is 10% smaller.. not much but the rr isn't big either  like a inch or 2 higher ktm 300 is for ex. I'm 6'1" with extra long arms.  I'm sure I'd still like it.. but like it's been said over and over and over  in the xtrainer threads.. it's for the smaller guy and or for the guy doing the tight stuff and slow stuff first.. That xtrainer thread is amazing... how much anticipation for a bike could there ever be!!! and just straight out excitement.... so now it's here.. well just starting to be here anyway.. finally the rubber is hitting the dirt.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=343902949132003&set=gm.808287082595573&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BetaXTrainer/?fref=nf

http://shop.americanbeta.com/c/enduro_x-trainer_2015-cross-trainer

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 4

I think it's going to be a little while before anyone will be able to make a good comparison via seat time. Possibly in Hawaii first with such great density in Beta you'll have a guy with a 250 or 300RR who gets to swap onto his buddy's XT for an hour.

I have seen exactly one other RR 2 stroke around here since I got mine in October. God knows when I'll get a chance to see an XT much less ride one.

It's sad. We have some great terrain to try one on around here.

• Like 3

So there's some conversation about a powervalve spacer... carbon fiber guards.. being able to trade out rr pipes to go on the xtrainer.. slavens link guard.. seats interchangeable...etc .. not sure what is verified as true etc... just see some conversation.. and of course just riding stock with some basic guards is a good idea to me.. It's good to see the goodies coming out though..

• Like 1

I think it's going to be a little while before anyone will be able to make a good comparison via seat time. Possibly in Hawaii first with such great density in Beta you'll have a guy with a 250 or 300RR who gets to swap onto his buddy's XT for an hour.

I have seen exactly one other RR 2 stroke around here since I got mine in October. God knows when I'll get a chance to see an XT much less ride one.

It's sad. We have some great terrain to try one on around here.

Who knows though.. it's really early.. really it's just been a couple of years since Beta has brought out the 2 stroke enduros.. More guys will be riding Beta's where you are I bet...it's amazing that it's come out so fast considering so few Beta's come into the country compared to other bikes.. but they are sold out.. That's saying something.. and yea Hawaii and Oahu really have a lot considering how tiny this place is... I think around 9 xtrainers were ordered and most all have been paid for.. now since 2013 every 2 stroke enduro that has come into Oahu has been sold.. nothing in the shop.. they go fast.. So yea. It's amazing to me that I was unloading and going to ride and meet up with some riders. and 3 guys with 2 stroke beta enduro's show up and I went riding with them...That's pretty unusual considering how few Beta's there are in the country I think.. I'm hoping I will be able to take a spin on one of those xtrainers.. 

• Like 4

I would like to try an XT but I absolutely love my 250 RR. If the XT proves durable then the 10 lbs and inch are a big deal to me. I ran my first 50B race today on the 250 in the ultra competitive MWXC series and got a 5th on a very technical course. Lots of it scary technical. The 6 or 7 times guys fell in front of me on the one rut curvy, muddy, rooted, straight up, one line climbs, that 10 lbs means a lot. But I will gladly take the best e start out there and pay the weight penalty. Would be great to have the e start and the weight savings with lower center of gravity. Did I say the 250 is just such an awesome bike for me at 5' 9" 160! It is so freakin' well balanced with amazing usable power. Just a tractor that never overpowers you that is ultra responsive.

Edited by BassMan
  • Like 5

I love the size and stature of the xtrainer. my ktm 200 is lowered and has a cut seat and the two seem really close right now.

I really would have liked to get a 250rr for myself but this bike was for my wife and I seem to be trying to sort it out.

Stock suspension for me isnt very inspriring. It just doesnt feel comfortable, maybe i am going to fast or

riding it out of its intended design which is what I keep hearing when mentioned.

It has a great package to work with, I have a kickstarter kit but dont want to add weight. If you are racing go rr. if you are a suspension guy go rr I think too. Brakes arent as good as KTM in my opinion, you have

to really squeeze hard on the steeps. Great motor, starter, components, hard seat is no big deal, tires

seem pretty good but not sure I like them yet as they could be contributing to weird suspension(just my

opinion). Would really like to try the 250 or the 300 but this is my initial take after a couple rides on

the xtrainer in trails I am very familiar with.

Seems to me its for what its name implies, slower technical riding and trials techniques.  That and smaller and/or more novice riders. 

I love the size and stature of the xtrainer. my ktm 200 is lowered and has a cut seat and the two seem really close right now.

I really would have liked to get a 250rr for myself but this bike was for my wife and I seem to be trying to sort it out.

Stock suspension for me isnt very inspriring. It just doesnt feel comfortable, maybe i am going to fast or

riding it out of its intended design which is what I keep hearing when mentioned.

It has a great package to work with, I have a kickstarter kit but dont want to add weight. If you are racing go rr. if you are a suspension guy go rr I think too. Brakes arent as good as KTM in my opinion, you have

to really squeeze hard on the steeps. Great motor, starter, components, hard seat is no big deal, tires

seem pretty good but not sure I like them yet as they could be contributing to weird suspension(just my

opinion). Would really like to try the 250 or the 300 but this is my initial take after a couple rides on

the xtrainer in trails I am very familiar with.

Whaaat? Put that kick starter on before you get stuck with a dead battery and can't get towed out... Murphys law rules.. and if your trails are like our trails there's no towing... fix or get a chopper. Counting on the bike estart /battery not failing is a roll of the dice. The weight makes no difference. Maui right? ..as far as suspension.. it's designed for tight and slow and technical more.. but it's new so ride and adjust and see how it goes..There's probably a bit of break in time too..  oh and thanks for the update on the bike!

if it's any help, i did this vid comparing the Xtrainer and RR300 as i was getting so many questions about which would suit better...

• Like 4

if it's any help, i did this vid comparing the Xtrainer and RR300 as i was getting so many questions about which would suit better...

Excellent job! The graphs were great in showing the differences.