Suspension shaft problem

been having problems with rear absorbers customers taking it to the shop lately about the shafting having small spots that cause shock oil to flow out. any shop company who does the chroming/plating? thanks in advancePIC_0175.JPG

If it's kyb it's cheaper and easier to replace ,re chroming involves grinding off the original chrome ,building up the rust spots ,then rechroming, it often it's perfect even then

kyb or showa?

kyb or showa?

no stickers at all, but from experience it is designed like a KYB. it has oil pass through the rod. Problem is, it is a japanese XR400 Motard. not replaceable rod in parts catalogue.

Shorter Shock absorber than XR400R

You may have to go down the road of rechroming ,in the UK you can get new shafts copied from the old one for around $160

If you get it repaired use someone like race tech or fc who do thus job all the time ,or they could ruin your one and only shaft

You may have to go down the road of rechroming ,in the UK you can get new shafts copied from the old one for around $160

If you get it repaired use someone like race tech or fc who do thus job all the time ,or they could ruin your one and only shaft

called F.Connection few days ago. they will do it for $199.95.. but the bike owner said it is not leaking anymore.. we had no immediate option so i had to put it back. i will probably gonna send it to the US if it leaks again....

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE REPLY FRIENDS, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. GOD BLESS