Sign in to follow this  

California Hixon Trail

Wanted to check this place out. Is it worth the drive(about 1 1/2 hr)? Any suggestions?

Alessandro and Hixon are a fun romp...  not sure it's worth a 3 hour turn around commute...  but it's a buck list item.  Won't compare to the stuff you ride regularly.  Maybe make a weekender out of it...  Hixon one day and something else the next to justify the commute.  

9lives thread on it...  RIP

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/406744-riding-the-alessandrohixon-trails-or-a-day-in-paradise/

• Like 1

Let me know if u decide on going. I live about 30 mins away and have been wanting to check it out also.

Edited by d_IEzert
  • Like 2

Id take a spin on it as well. I tried about three years ago and couldn't quite connect the trail ..

I started off that Carey rd which is that left off of the 371 just past Cahuilla MX, right before reaching Anza....

There was a old ranger station there, staged near it.. Dropped in at the top of a hill which was actually marked with a double black diamond sign..  Took it to we ended at a fire road and searched for the trail from there.. found a single track running parallel with a fire road and road that for 10 miles or so...  Im not sure if that was it or not . Ended up turning around and going back the way we came.. was fun though, would try it again..... 

• Like 1

How about Sunday?

Im driving to Utah tonight to hand over my money  to my daughters college financial department and then if there is any left I get to put a down payment on an apartment for her.....  Would sooooo rather be riding this weekend....    But lets figure a later date and give it a shot... 

I know people ride over to Hemet from where I staged , I just got a little turned around is all.....

• Like 2

I was hoping to go tomorrow, Saturday since my wife has other plans all day.

I was hoping to go tomorrow, Saturday since my wife has other plans all day.

Damn I would but got suckered into my sister in law graduation. :lame:

Still gonna ride somewher on Sunday tho.. Maybe just a local rip..:thinking:

Damn I would but got suckered into my sister in law graduation. :lame:

Still gonna ride somewher on Sunday tho.. Maybe just a local rip..:thinking:

Ill come down and hit it Sunday.

• Like 1

how long is this trail supposed to be?

where is it?

as far as I know one side is over in Hemet near North/East side  Diamond lake and the other end in Anza off the 371..   The part I did started with some really cool single track......

I ran it... Not Bad, but I wouldn't drive 1.5 hours to ride it.

You won't find anything challenging on it. Coming from me, better find another place to ride. :-)

Edited by YZ Yankee

how long is this trail supposed to be?

where is it?

We did 30 miles..could then do it backwards.

We did 30 miles..could then do it backwards.

Oh well that's a buzzkill. Are u sure it was the good stuff u rode?