Beta Xtrainer 300 Forum?

Recently it was asked if we could suck out the Beta Xtrainer 300 into a separate forum. We took the suggested seriously, but ultimately concluded the this wasn't the best course, at least this time. If we sucked all the content from this beta out of the Beta forum in general, it would simply make a small, but growing part of the site less lively. We ran database queries on posting activity, both in total for for topics surrounding the Xtrainer.

I'm posting this b/c I want you guys to know that we do listen to suggestions and want to provide a good service all of you that make TT possible.

We looked at other approaches, but decided that the best course at this time is something that already exists, but something you likely don't use much if at all.

Check this out:

This is a screen shot of the "tag" that can be assigned to any Xtrainer related topics, both by whomever starts the topic or anyone that wants to add it. By tagging the topic, you're telling our system what the topic is about. Then, we can related that topic to other topics tagged the same. If you click the tag, you can then view all content that is about the Xtrainer, in the forums, product review system, articles, etc... If the content is tagged with xtrainer 300, it's all relatable.

How can you help?

Simply tag topics. The more accurately topics are tagged, the easier it becomes to find "other" content for interest.

Glad to see the Beta forum growing! Their bikes look phenomenal and owners seem passionate by the brand. :thumbsup:

Thats a hreat start and thanks Bryan. :thumbsup:

Could not put it in my garage yesterday because of that.

Thats a hreat start and thanks Bryan. :thumbsup:

Could not put it in my garage yesterday because of that.

Yep... Saw your tag request today. :) Thx.

Thanks Brian!

Like the idea!

I agree with keeping the X-T in a single Beta specific forum. A lot of us with a different model are still interested. I like to read about the 4 strokes too.

It's a small community.

IMHO, a Beta is a Beta.  However, it'll make sense to have a 2t and a 4t forums for Beta as many parts can be crossed.

My understanding is the total production this year is around 500 bikes, a very small number.

I wasn't that long ago that the GasGas guys were wanting their own forum. And its what?,one post a week if lucky.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By fulltrack
      Hi,  I posted in the which bike should I buy section, but I was hoping for some feedback from beta riders specifically.   The short story is,  I'm looking at a new 17' 300rr race and I have to make a decision fairly quickly.   I currently ride a 13 300 xc and I really love the bike, even though it's not quite ideal for the majority of the riding I do ( lots of clutch slipping in first with this bike ).  However, when trails open up, the XC is amazing, on the pipe and the back tire.  It's way too fast for my skill, it's going to kill me and I love it.  I read and hear all about how the Beta is so tractable, power delivery is smooth, gobs of torque, but if the trail opens up ( with some power valve adjustments ), can it have the big hit and the excitement I get with the XC ? 
    • By fulltrack
      I currently own and ride a 13 300xc.  I love the this bike, even if it's not the best bike for the majority of the riding I do.  I ride a lot of very tight, very technical, rocky, rooty, trials type stuff as I live very close to probably hundreds of kilometers for trials trails.  With that said, I also race some hare scramble and enduro races and am looking to do more this year.   On my ktm, when I'm in first because the terrain warrants it,  the clutch is almost never fully out.  I run a fan because I slip the clutch so much and it causes a lot of heat, so the fan runs almost constantly and yes, I change the oil almost every ride as a result. I also put a bigger sprocket on the back.   I have the chance to get a pretty good deal on a new old stock 17 300rr race, but I've never ridden one and have almost no chance that I will be able to without buying this one.  With said,  I've read as much as I can about them and they seem like a great bike for what I want to do, but I'm worried about the difference in motor and grearing.  My KTM with the xc gearing and the 300 red spring, fmf fatty etc.. is a handful for my skill level, but I love riding it.  Will I love the Beta?  Would I love an xc-w?  Anyone with experience, I would really appretiate you input!
    • By Bryan Bosch

Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Rider Starts his Quest to Defend Cross-Country Rallies World Championship
      March 15, 2018 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Pablo Quintanilla will re-start his 2018 international rally racing campaign on March 24 to 29 at the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge in the United Arab Emirates. Working hard towards returning to full competitive fitness following a foot injury sustained during the closing stages of the Dakar Rally, Pablo’s teammate Andrew Short is expected to join the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing squad at the 2018 Merzouga Rally in mid-April.

With the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge playing host to the opening round of the 2018 FIM Cross-Country Rallies World Championship, the event in the UAE will see Pablo Quintanilla begin the defence of his FIM Cross-Country World Championship title. Securing eighth overall at the 2018 Dakar Rally in January, the Chilean rally star is already looking forward to a solid return to racing aboard his FR 450 Rally machine.
      Successfully wrapping up his debut participation at the prestigious Dakar Rally with a top 20 result, Andrew Short has been recuperating from a fractured tibia and fibula on his lower right leg. Resuming his training sessions in the middle of March, the American has his eyes set on making a return to racing at the Merzouga Rally on April 15/20, in the dunes of Morocco.
      Celebrating its 28th edition in 2018, the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge is a six-stage-long rally taking place in the southern part of the United Arab Emirates. Kicking off with the traditional Super Special Stage on Saturday, March 24, the event will continue with five more days of racing in the Liwa Desert before competitors reach the finish line inside the Yas Marina circuit on March 29, 2018.

Pablo Quintanilla: “Abu Dhabi will be our first race after the Dakar and I’m really looking forward to it. It’d be good to start the season carrying the #1 plate on my Husqvarna as the reigning champion. With it being the first race for the new season, it is important for everybody. My goal is to get a good race pace from the beginning in order to be inside the group of leading riders. The season will be long and my plan is to continue improving my pace as the racing goes on. I want to get back my racing speed and also remain strong throughout the event in Abu Dhabi. Taking place in deep sandy dunes, the Desert Challenge is always a tough event and it is also highly probable that we will have to race in high temperatures. It’s going to be a challenge but I’m looking forward to it.”
      Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
      Husqvarna Motorcycles are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna Motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Mattighofen, Austria since 2013.
      Rockstar Energy Drink
      Rockstar Energy Drink is designed for those who lead active lifestyles – from Athletes to Rockstars. Available in over 20 flavors at convenience and grocery outlets in over 30 countries, Rockstar supports the Rockstar lifestyle across the globe through Action Sports, Motor Sports, and Live Music. For more information visit:
      Source: Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH

Used stock triple clamp from a 2013 498RR, pulled for a conversion.  Good condition. $25 + shipping, PayPal preferred.
      Used front wheel, tire, disc, axle, and spacers off a 2013 498rr.  $50 + shipping, paypal preferred