Sign in to follow this  

Getting new steed next weekend

So I got one for ya, 

Next weekend I'm buying a new dirt scooter, I have a couple options and I'm honestly torn. 

2001 RM250. Great shape, lots of aftermarket. 

2006 CRF250R. Great shape as well. 

Let me hear your opinions if you were in my situation. Any experience with either bikes? Pros and cons? What would you choose and why? Let's hear it. 

For me, this decision would be solely based on the type of riding you plan on doing.  So some more info is needed.  

Realized this right after I made the post  :facepalm:

Rough estimate, let's say 75% trails/open field. 25% track

For that, I would prefer a 250 2-stroke.

+1...250 2 stroke.

So I got one for ya, 

Next weekend I'm buying a new dirt scooter, I have a couple options and I'm honestly torn. 

2001 RM250. Great shape, lots of aftermarket. 

2006 CRF250R. Great shape as well. 

Let me hear your opinions if you were in my situation. Any experience with either bikes? Pros and cons? What would you choose and why? Let's hear it. 

I would be leery about a ten year old four stroke, especially a honda 250f.... Do either of the bikes have maintenance records?

• Like 2

I would be leery about a ten year old four stroke, especially a honda 250f.... Do either of the bikes have maintenance records?

Orangeyktmythingama is correct at least on the 250f or actually both. The 250f can be brought to a mechanic to see if it's on its last valve shim size.

$2500 for a 01? You can buy something a lot newer for that price...

I'm not going to pay $2500 lol.

I'm not going to pay $2500 lol.

Can he provide all of the receipts (hopefully current) of the work done? Seems like every bike sold these days has a new top and bottom-end.

• Like 1

Can he provide all of the receipts (hopefully current) of the work done? Seems like every bike sold these days has a new top and bottom-end.

+1 Literally every bike

I'd go with the 250, an 01 for 2500 is ridiculous, I saw the other day in my area a 2011 tm 250 for 2500, it was a crazy good deal but still. thats ten years newer! It may be pretty but any bike can be made to look like that for a few hundred bucks for graphics and plastics